Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

I have a question

Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #1
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question

I am about to get my acl replaced in my right knee, will this disqualify me from enlisting? Trying to join the marine corps. Any info is greatly appreciated
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah bro unfortunatly if you have prior leg knee problems they will disqualify you and yes a doc checks you head to toe looking you over before you enlist sorry man
Old 01-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #3

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Even if I have letter saying I'm fine?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
yes but it might depend on the doc but just telling you most of the failures in bootcamp that don't make it are from leg and knee problems bootcamp is a bitch to your knees trust me I know. get healty and try atlest try to get in whats the worse they say no hope you get to join the brotherhood it's one hell of a ride
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82 yotaman View Post
yes but it might depend on the doc but just telling you most of the failures in bootcamp that don't make it are from leg and knee problems bootcamp is a bitch to your knees trust me I know. get healty and try atlest try to get in whats the worse they say no hope you get to join the brotherhood it's one hell of a ride
Life is a bitch on your knees and tons of athletes and labor type workers have rebuild joints and live significantly productive lives without issue. It's NOT disqualifying automatically....but like I said-It'll make life harder, and it won't be an excuse for lack of performance..but he can still give it a shot.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #7

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I would do anything to join the corps like my uncle did. The doctor isn't even convinced its torn even though the MRI is clear. I'm going to everything I can to get better. I just hope I'll be able to enlist when the time comes
Old 01-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #8
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAtaco View Post
Thanks, I would do anything to join the corps like my uncle did. The doctor isn't even convinced its torn even though the MRI is clear. I'm going to everything I can to get better. I just hope I'll be able to enlist when the time comes
Looking the unofficial stuff I have - Appears you need a year from the surgery before you are eligible,and then you need the clean bill of health.

Good luck man,,.I hope it's minor and doesn't give you problems!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #9

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well I usually heal really quickly so hopefully this follows suit. And if your info is correct then next February will be the earliest for me. Thanks you guys the recruiters down here don't answer the phone too often
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #10
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
There are waivers for everything in the military. Plenty of people get in that have had prior injuries or are just to stupid to pass the ASVAB. If you can perform you can join simple as that.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #11

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well that's good news, how hard is it to get the waiver? I've heard recruiters don't like to do the paperwork.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #12
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If they need the numbers they will do all kinds of paperwork. Hopefully yours is in for a promotion spot.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #13

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I can only hope, especially in Miami they don't get too many that are qualified
Old 01-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #14
HAHA. some not "legal"? Talk to the recruiter man. Prepare yourself for boot.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #15

MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Not really a legal issue more of an background check issue or not smart enough to pass the asvab or a drug test. I'm trying to lose the weight I need also