LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

women in combat/battle

Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
First it was the gays now its the women..
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=brj2U...%3Dbrj2UkUPjCI
Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 AM   #22
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Nothing wrong with it....... As long as they can handle the job required of them, so be it. There shouldn't be any 'exceptions' in terms of requirements, expectations, and job performance. If they can't handle it (ALL aspects of it), they shouldn't be there. Same for the men...If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be there.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #23
jeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeepdude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jesse
jeepdude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
First it was the gays now its the women.
I think the gay thing a while ago was the harbinger of women up to the front...gotta draw from a certain pool of individuals, you know?
Old 01-24-2013, 07:22 AM   #24
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
It's already been said - This doesn't mean every woman will go to the pointy end of a spear....The are going to have to want it, meet the standards, and contribute to the mission like everyone else. I'm pretty sure it'll be a special type of woman that seeks jobs on the front line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Nothing wrong with it....... As long as they can handle the job required of them, so be it. There shouldn't be any 'exceptions' in terms of requirements, expectations, and job performance. If they can't handle it (ALL aspects of it), they shouldn't be there. Same for the men...If they can't handle it, they shouldn't be there.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #25
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So you'd rather your grand daughter is told "No-you can't do that job-You are a woman" if they want to try?? It's already been said - This doesn't mean every woman will go to the pointy end of a spear....The are going to have to want it, meet the standards, and contribute to the mission like everyone else. I'm pretty sure it'll be a special type of woman that seeks jobs on the front line.

I think the double standard for males vs females doesn't necessarily make sense...but like any change-That'll work itself out.
No, I'd like them to be allowed to do any job they are qualified to do, but I still don't like it.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Pretty sure minds will change if and when women become POWs. I pray that never happens but, with todays enemies, there's no such things as Geneva Conventions.
This is something I never thought about. You have a really good point here.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #28
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink junky View Post
Pretty sure minds will change if and when women become POWs. I pray that never happens but, with todays enemies, there's no such things as Geneva Conventions.
This is something I never thought about. You have a really good point here.
Like the shit they do to guys is any less sadistic?

On a side note Jessica Lynch, former female POW, also supports women joining the front line.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #29
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
I get it, My mom doesn't want me on the front lines either.
I know how she feels, I was scared shitless the two times my son went to Iraq & he was pretty safe at the air base in Balad.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #30
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry, this is going to do nothing but destroy the front lines. Statistics are already out of the roof for divorces and unfaithful husbands and wives in the military. Let alone the Infantry. Woman in the mix of an all men group divides everyone, its just nature.

I am in the Army and I am an 11B, even besides the obvious fact that its unsanitary living conditions as an Infantryman (not showering, no bathrooms) we make it work and having man parts makes all that easier. Training would decrease or females would be trained at a lower standard.

We should not be giving the enemy the chance to rape our woman, men get kidnapped overseas which is already a tragedy. Being a patriotic man of America, it would be awful if an American woman got into the hands of the enemy.

Not going to have a good outcome....
Old 01-25-2013, 03:04 PM   #31
frycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shedfrycook is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 11B2V
Name: Zach
frycook's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brown View Post
Wait, did she fight back when her convoy was attacked? Or did she hide while every one else fought and died....

Please god dont let them get into my unit! <2>
Old 01-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #32
Mr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Brown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Active MK 02-09, ME 09-10, Reserve ME 10-11, ENS 11-Current.  Federal Civilian 10-Current
Mr. Brown's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Jessica Lynch is considered a war hero, a person you should look up to. Yet you assume she is a coward because she is a woman. I'm sure as a service member you have been required to learn about other female heroes. I'm sad that training didn't reach you at all.

There were times when people made the exact same comments about African Americans and, Japanese who wanted to fight for America. I can only hope that with time people look at your comments with the same distaste as we do upon theirs.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #33
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Fucking wow x2
Old 01-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Scandals and Lawsuits oh my.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #35
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Don't think anyone who hasn't been on the frontlines and experienced it first hand should honestly have a say. Everyone who hasn't experienced it first hand can only imagine what it would be like.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #36
No amount of balls on earth can hit you.
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfox1 View Post
Don't think anyone who hasn't been on the frontlines and experienced it first hand should honestly have a say. Everyone who hasn't experienced it first hand can only imagine what it would be like.
That takes out most of the peope who just made this desision...
Old 01-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed0LyRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2ND Infantry Division
Name: Steven
0LyRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get it because woman are in combat... they weren't in combat MOS's but what does that really matter. They go outside the wire from time to time, there is not need for woman to be in certain MOS's (Jobs) that are meant to see bullets and mortars ALL the time.

Woman are equal to me, as a great society we keep our woman off the front lines and away from danger... Thats how it should be left to be.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #38
Ask me about the shortbus...
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
^This

You're ignorant if you think women are not already in combat. When an all male unit goes out into a front line village in afghanistan they are only able to reach 50% of the population (males). Enter female engagement teams or the like and you see instant improvements with relations within a village and it's people.

Let's move on to something that matters.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #39
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
written by a female marine officer, highlights the very real physiological reasons men are better in combat.

http://www.mca-marines.org/gazette/a...-created-equal

also

http://www.forbes.com/sites/katiedru...e-corps-women/

The problem is that the standard will be lowered, look how the PT scores for women were "gender normed" Do you really think that standards wont be "gender normed" again?

Also, if there is a draft are women included? That would be the equal thing to do. How many women are willing to support that one?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #40
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
Name: Mike
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
If they want to do it then let them do it. But, as stated they cannot drop the standard. maybe by letting certain females into these combat positions they can avoid putting the females that do not want those positions there. I have seen non combat mos females in combat situations and they were indeed inefective.