Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

women in combat/battle

Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 PM   #81
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldierguy View Post
Except there are no front lines anymore. There's inside the wire, and outside the wire.

Much of the concern is over logistics stuff, and honestly, any logistician worth a damn would be offended and consider it a challenge if you told them that they couldn't get adequate showers, latrines, and housing to any location on earth.
I disagree with both of these statements entirely.

ell my men there was just inside and outside the wire or that they got more than a bucket of well water and a hole in the ground for a piss tube.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #82
soldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoldierguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
soldierguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I disagree with both of these statements entirely.

ell my men there was just inside and outside the wire or that they got more than a bucket of well water and a hole in the ground for a piss tube.
I'm not sure what you're saying about inside the wire and outside the wire.

And I never said that every location did have adequate showers, latrines, housing, etc. What I said was that any logistician would be offended if someone told him he couldn't get those things pretty much anywhere. If it's a leadership priority to get something to a particular location and the resources are available, then I'm convinced a logistician can make it happen. And now, this stuff will become a leadership priority. In your case, it sounds like your leadership thought that piss tubes were adequate, and in a male-only environment, they can be perfectly adequate.

I've been on a couple of male-only teams that lived and worked well away from other Americans (in other words we were not on a FOB). The only thing that prevented us from having females on the team were inadequate facilities, because it wasn't a leadership priority to get females on my teams and then supply the necessary resources to make it happen.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #83
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Not trying to start anything. I re-read my post and realized I sounded somewhat crass. My bad, not my intentions, it's hard to "type" out things without doing so ha

I simply meant to point out that there are still people who are "on the front lines" in the effect that they are pushing further into enemy territory and taking compounds to sleep in and fortify as they go. Also that the Marine Corps doesn't have the budget or the means to do a lot of what other branches like our brothers in the Army can. Our unit pushed south over many miles and peed in tubes and there was no "in the wire" kind of thinking is all. I was simply meaning to point out that while there may be a majority of places that hygiene wouldn't be an issue, there are still "infantrymen" (which is what we're discussing) who don't have those accommodations and admin and logistics can't keep up with them.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #84
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
I just do not see combat barbie working.Packing heavy gear all day and where will she sleep at night. Also what if some 300 lb.er is down can she drag him to cover..Also guys are going to look out for her more what happens to the other guys and places not being watched now?? Lots of ????? that no one has the answers too now!!