Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

How to Transfer to IRR

Old 02-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #1
RedDead will become famous soon enough
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
How to Transfer to IRR

So i did 4 years active in the army and spent a couple of months in the IRR..in january i got called in to do muster duty..which is pretty much a recruiting appt to move soldiers from IRR to active Reserve...the recruiter reassured me i could go back to IRR if i didnt like it...i signed up for a unit in my town but since they didnt have my MOS i had to choose to reclass to a mechanic...i went to drill in february and realized its kinda boring...i called the Unit Administrator (which also is an e6 1sg) to ask him what i got to do to go back to the IRR....he went crazy....haha...he's like No! You cant just do that! he asked me why and i said i didnt like it and i have plans to move out of state. also i figured i could save the army some time and money by not sending me to a new MOS school...he replies well you are assigned to my unit so if you want to leave the army then we can out process you as a shit bag soldier...and i'm thinkin like man this guy is trippin...he expects me to report to him this thursday..which is not a drill day...and now my question is can he really do this??? can he really keep me in his unit? or is it possible to go back to the IRR....
Old 03-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
DaBears is on a distinguished road
Army:
DaBears's Tacoma Gallery
which IRR

Did you enlist with a guard unit or a reserve unit?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i was IRR for 3 years after i separated and was never called back. ended up going ANG, but was never instructed to do so. i thought the only way they could call you in from IRR was for deployment needs, not to make you a member of the ARNG. if you signed an enlistment with them, then that's another story.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #4
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
i went to a TPU in the Army Reserves
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
but did you sign an enlistment for the reserves?
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #6
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
no i just signed a 4187 to transfer me to a TPU to finish out my MSO...my 4 years left in IRR
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #8
RyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyanLikesTacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1Lt, C-130 Navigator
Name: Ryan
RyanLikesTacos's Tacoma Gallery
if you arent in a pay status, or they can't offer you a pay day to come in, then they can't really have you do anything. not in a pay status- you're a civilian.

sounds like being a mechanic in the ARNG is a TON of fun, especially with supervisors with that kind of attitude.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #9
RedDead's Tacoma Gallery
its a unit with no motor pool as well...so i dont really do anything i dont know why they wont just release me...

ryan---are you active duty or reservist?
Old 03-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
DaBears is on a distinguished road
Army:
DaBears's Tacoma Gallery
You may be able to try for an erroneous enlistment. You have thirty days after enlistment. Or was your drill just for your IRR muster.