Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

A tribute to the coolest awesomest kicka** airplane EVAR.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #21
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
I'll admit, the A-10 is about the most badassed thing to ever fly.

And I was a Squid airplane fixer....
Old 04-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #23
PVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura aboutPVT Pablo has a spectacular aura about
Coast Guard: Enforcement Division
Name: Paul
PVT Pablo's Tacoma Gallery
A-10 has always been my favorite fighting plane. I love the sound of that gun!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #24
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68 View Post
I'll admit, the A-10 is about the most badassed thing to ever fly.

And I was a Squid airplane fixer....
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
good share! these are some really cool/personal pics of the A-10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVT Pablo View Post
A-10 has always been my favorite fighting plane. I love the sound of that gun!
Glad you like it guys!

I miss seeing them overhead flying out of the local base.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #25
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Hands down my favorite airplane. So cool you got to see one in person! My dad knew a few pilots so when I was 6 I got to sit in one!
Old 04-04-2013, 02:29 PM   #26
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Some of the top UASF and other military brass did not like the A-10 and not much love for the prime manufacturer, Fairchild, either.

Many thought it was not sexy enough and some thought that it was very ugly and not capable.

This all changed later when it proved all those bozos very wrong in its' primary role of CAS. Plus the plane could take a pounding and still get back to base.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #27
TOYWERX Grill Sergeant
HomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomerTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
HomerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSHeloPilot View Post
Some of the top UASF and other military brass did not like the A-10 and not much love for the prime manufacturer, Fairchild, either.

Many thought it was not sexy enough and some thought that it was very ugly and not capable.

This all changed later when it proved all those bozos very wrong in its' primary role of CAS. Plus the plane could take a pounding and still get back to base.
During the tour one of the veteran pilots told us how he got half his wing shot off and lost an engine but was still able to fly cover until backup arrived.
Impressive to say the least.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #29
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
deffinately the coolest sound in the world when they shoot. you can feel it in your chest. if you dont crack a smile, you're just not human.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #30
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Mini gun & Warthog
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 AM   #31
Tail Striker
flyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyboy.co2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cam
flyboy.co2's Tacoma Gallery
Where I grew up there was a bombing range near by. Not going to say where, but the warthogs would do practice runs and you could hear them from the three miles away. I was pretty young so my dad would take me to watch (hear). Won't ever forget that! It was cool growing up close to an air national guard base, the a-10s would fly over my neighborhood all the time. Sadly not anymore....
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #32
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Most maintenance friendly aircraft I ever worked on.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #33
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
the A10 is pretty bad ass...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w920CQ7uQ0Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhoYnpgm-g
Old 04-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
And the A10 driver has the unique status of being the only military jet pilot who has to worry about birdstrikes from the rear
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #35
Bro do you even 'Merica?
jdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdk52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
jdk52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
And the A10 driver has the unique status of being the only military jet pilot who has to worry about birdstrikes from the rear
YES! A= Attack 10= MPH. Also to launch it, the crew chiefs grab the homing antenna and push it down the runway at a healthy jog.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #36
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
There's nothing finer than hearing the "Fart of Freedom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bMfrixJyWc
Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
Impressive Member
RevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shedRevAdam is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
RevAdam's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.co.../story0016.htm

Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #38
staymates788 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: SEAN
staymates788's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THExBUSxDRIVER View Post
Badass plane for sure.

Idk why kids these days revere the raptors as being better than these....
So true...Sadly. Everybody thinks the new "Hot Shit" super fast & stealthy planes are the best, but it's hard to provide cover to those on the ground when screaming by at 500 Kts.

Plus, the way these take damage is 2nd to none... well, maybe the good ole B-17. What good is a $150 million aircraft if 1 bullet will bring it down.

And HomerTaco, thanks for sharing, awesome pictures!
Old 04-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #39
hoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhoarder23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Life Support, VFA
Name: Shay
hoarder23's Tacoma Gallery
I spent a good bit of time at the Grove and these were the only things that broke up the monotony of fixing life rafts. And when I was a helo crewman we did a CAS training mission and 2 A-10s came in at about the same level we were at, 200 ft or so, to drop bombs on a beach.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #40
bjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the roughbjhn83 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Bradley
bjhn83's Tacoma Gallery
I work at a factory next to a small city airport and usually eat lunch outside on nice days. One day a few weeks ago I was eating lunch outside with my back facing the building and heard what sounded like a very large plane landing across the street. The noise got louder and louder until I was convinced that this plane was going to crash into the factory. Right at the moment I was going to jump up from the table and see what the shit was going on an A10 buzzed right over the building, directly overhead at about 50-75 ft. altitude. Right after the first a second one cruised over the building and over my head.

I was the only person outside and just sat there smiling with my jaw dropped. One of the coolest random occurrences to ever happen to me.