Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Orders revoked due to EFMP

Old 04-06-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Orders revoked due to EFMP

All,

Background: I entered EFMP because my Wife had gone through Thyroid Cancer (2 surgeries) and was also diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in the last 2 years. I received orders to Columbus AFB, MS in late January. Well I was notified Thursday that "travel is not recommended" by the gaining base. My question has anyone out there had orders revoked by EFMP? and if so how was the process in getting reassigned to another base/location? My RNLT date to Columbus was 30 AUG 13, I'm currently in a controlled tour and have been on station for 45 months.Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Looks like I'm the first, I'll let you guys know how the process goes. Don't delay getting enrolled into EFMP, it's mandatory.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
Yoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to allYoshio is a name known to all

Air Force: Space Professional
Name: Scott
Yoshio's Tacoma Gallery
Hi, we're EFMP too (need to be near an ophthalmologist) and I'm working now on my second set of orders since we enrolled. I had to accept my assignment and work on the normal out-processing as the EFMP process works its "magic". If I get denied orders, then the EFMP office will send the required notice to MPF, who alerts AFPC. Once AFPC is notified, they try to match you against another job, you might have to wait for another assignment cycle to come around (depends on your career field).

Something my supervisor had me do and has worked 2 times now, is to fill out your ADP or dreamsheet with only places you know work for your situation, then in the comments area, write "all my selections are compatible with the needs of my EFMP family" or something like that.

Good luck, I got my assignment in February and our EFMP interview is next week... everything about it takes forever!

Edit: my assignments team (on their annual road-show here) said that each re-assignment is a case-by-case basis, sometimes they can match you up immediately, and sometimes they can't, but the default is to leave you in place regardless of code/control tour status until they have positive confirmation another location works.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Cheyenne Trail Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshio View Post
Hi, we're EFMP too (need to be near an ophthalmologist) and I'm working now on my second set of orders since we enrolled. I had to accept my assignment and work on the normal out-processing as the EFMP process works its "magic". If I get denied orders, then the EFMP office will send the required notice to MPF, who alerts AFPC. Once AFPC is notified, they try to match you against another job, you might have to wait for another assignment cycle to come around (depends on your career field).

Something my supervisor had me do and has worked 2 times now, is to fill out your ADP or dreamsheet with only places you know work for your situation, then in the comments area, write "all my selections are compatible with the needs of my EFMP family" or something like that.

Good luck, I got my assignment in February and our EFMP interview is next week... everything about it takes forever!

Edit: my assignments team (on their annual road-show here) said that each re-assignment is a case-by-case basis, sometimes they can match you up immediately, and sometimes they can't, but the default is to leave you in place regardless of code/control tour status until they have positive confirmation another location works.
Thanks for the info, I just submitted my cancellation for the orders to Columbus in vMPF today. I can say the enrollment into EFMP was especially an ass pain going between Air Force and Army EFMP offices.