Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Remembering a hero

Old 04-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Remembering a hero

I had the honor and privilege of serving with and calling Cpl. Jason L. Dunham my friend. Today marks the 9th year of his unselfish sacrifice to corp, country, and more importantly his brothers.

The "BROTHERHOOD" of Kilo 3/7 miss and love you "J" not a day goes by that we don't talk about you and want to beat your ass in darts!

Cheers and Semper Fi

The President of the United States
in the name of The Congress
takes pleasure in presenting the
Medal of Honor
to

*Dunham, Jason L.
Rank and organization: Corporal, U.S. Marine Corps, Company K, 3d Battalion, 7th Marines, 1st Marine Division. Place and Date: Karabilah, Iraq, 14 April 2004. Entered Service at: Scio, New York. Born: 10 November 1981, Scio, New York

Citation:
For conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a Rifle Squad Leader, 4th Platoon, Company K, Third Battalion, Seventh Marines (Reinforced), Regimental Combat Team 7, First Marine Division (Reinforced), on 14 April 2004. Corporal Dunham's squad was conducting a reconnaissance mission in the town of Karabilah, Iraq, when they heard rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire erupt approximately two kilometers to the west. Corporal Dunham led his Combined Anti-Armor Team towards the engagement to provide fire support to their Battalion Commander's convoy, which had been ambushed as it was traveling to Camp Husaybah. As Corporal Dunham and his Marines advanced, they quickly began to receive enemy fire. Corporal Dunham ordered his squad to dismount their vehicles and led one of his fire teams on foot several blocks south of the ambushed convoy. Discovering seven Iraqi vehicles in a column attempting to depart, Corporal Dunham and his team stopped the vehicles to search them for weapons. As they approached the vehicles, an insurgent leaped out and attacked Corporal Dunham. Corporal Dunham wrestled the insurgent to the ground and in the ensuing struggle saw the insurgent release a grenade. Corporal Dunham immediately alerted his fellow Marines to the threat. Aware of the imminent danger and without hesitation, Corporal Dunham covered the grenade with his helmet and body, bearing the brunt of the explosion and shielding his Marines from the blast. In an ultimate and selfless act of bravery in which he was mortally wounded, he saved the lives of at least two fellow Marines. By his undaunted courage, intrepid fighting spirit, and unwavering devotion to duty, Corporal Dunham gallantly gave his life for his country, thereby reflecting great credit upon himself and upholding the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!

And thank you for your service, more people appreciate it than you know.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
It is good to end a stout life with a stout death.

See you in Valhalla brother.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Wow that is a true hero right there. Cheers to your buddy.
Old 04-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
RIP Brother, SEMPER FI

Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
9-11-01 Never Forget 343
Nyctoyota will become famous soon enough
Marines: Sgt & FF1 with the FDNY
Nyctoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Semper Fi!
Old 04-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Darth is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Darth's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for reminding us of all the sacrifices, and the men and women who have sacrificed everything for our country.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #11
TRDZR2 is on a distinguished road
TRDZR2's Tacoma Gallery
What a remarkable legacy...Thank you for sharing this.

Beyond that I am speachless.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #12
Moco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311/0331 Security Plt. Hot dogs & Soda 2/23
Name: Eric
Moco's Tacoma Gallery
Monk,

I didn't know Jason and never served in 3/7, but on April 14, I was adjacent to you guys as part of RCT 1. I only heard about Jason's actions after I got back CONUS, but he has always stuck in my mind and I remember talking about him as an example of a warrior and Leader when talking to junior Marines.

Anyway, I think it is fitting that Jason was born on NOVEMBER 10. He is a Marine through and through. I am glad and proud that his name graces a ship.

Thank you and RIP Jason.

Your actions not only saved the lives of the Marines you led, but have served to teach, inspire, and shape Marines that weren't yet in high school on the day that you passed.

Oooorah and Semper!