Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Any USAF CSO's here?

Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #1
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any USAF CSO's here?

just curious what its like to be a CSO in the airforce. Looking at going USAF after college.

i know its tough for non AFROTC and non-academy graduates to get into OTS, but i graduate in a year and was just curious about what kind of options im looking at.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Slim to none as I understand, I know the AF took more civilians to OTS than enlisted last year. I think around 100 civilians and 40ish enlisted. With the sequestration and cutting active duty numbers etc and transitioning to a "peace time" period the demand is lowered. More with less.

Talk to a recruiter for a better answer.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
JustBeGood is on a distinguished road
Air Force: CMSgt
JustBeGood's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell is a CSO? 21 years in and have never heard of one.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
officially known as Combat systems officer. basically a combination of weapons systems officer, navigator and radar technician all roled into one job position.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
IluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shedIluvTEA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Demolition
IluvTEA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
just curious what its like to be a CSO in the airforce. Looking at going USAF after college.

i know its tough for non AFROTC and non-academy graduates to get into OTS, but i graduate in a year and was just curious about what kind of options im looking at.

hey dude, Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I've been through the CSO training. It is a buzz-word at the school house. We don't use the C-word once you get to your MWS.

You can also check out baseops.com or airforceots.com. Both are forum type sites that will give you a lot more up to date info, the former is more pilot-centric and the latter is more focused on OTS but they will both help you out along the way. I think there is a CSO specific site too, but I can't remember the name of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
officially known as Combat systems officer. basically a combination of weapons systems officer, navigator and radar technician all roled into one job position.
Correct, you can also add EWO to one of the jobs that is under the CSO umbrella.