Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Possibly Relocating To Altus, OK, Any Feedack?

Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Possibly Relocating To Altus, OK, Any Feedack?

I might be relocating to Altus, Oklahoma for work. Im no longer active AF and may be getting a civillian job as an aircraft mechanic. Anyone live there or are familiar with Altus and the surrounding area? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Osugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedOsugoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
Osugoose's Tacoma Gallery
Well the surrounding area is open, to say the least. I worked at Fort Sill for a while and we had to manage Altus construction contracts too. Lawton is the closest "city" but its 40 minutes away and not really a nice place. Altus is kinda a quiet town. If you have a family and are settled, it might not be so bad, but if you're single it might be rough.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
I was in N texas and it was stupid hot in the summer low teen triple digits all summer. Not very pretty lol dallas/ft worth is a few hours south tho
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
ColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the roughColoradoTaco is a jewel in the rough

Name: Ryan
ColoradoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
make sure your comfortable with the HEAT....Have you ever seen the shinning pretty similar but HEAT instead of COLD. Nothing to do and nobody around. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #5
fou will become famous soon enoughfou will become famous soon enough
fou's Tacoma Gallery
I have been there twice for training for a total of about 8 months. Fortunately, I never dealt with the real heat or bad thunderstorms/hail that can be rough. One of my instructors liked it there so much, he switched aircraft when the C-5 training moved to San Antonio. He loved the small town feel and didn't want to move.

The first time I was there ('06 I believe), an Applebees had recently opened up and that was kinda a big deal. That is just an indication of what you will be dealing with. Not much going on there.

I typically went to Oklahoma City or Dallas to find entertainment. I actually met my wife in Dallas the second time I had to stop in Altus for training.

Anyway, I generally have found you can have fun wherever you go as long as you have good people and good beer.

Good luck