Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Suggestions for Army Boots in Afhghanistan....

Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
vball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud ofvball6pac has much to be proud of

Army:
Name: Steven
vball6pac's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for Army Boots in Afhghanistan....

I am in the the window with the opportunity to "Hop the Pond", and support my fellow Brethren. I am trying to find out what would be a good set of boots for the trip.....Comfort is huge since I'll be on my feet, and traveling alot, and also durability........I like to have 2-3 pairs, so I look forward to the expertise of those here.....Not sure if it matters, but I'm not a small guy......Currently standing at 6'3", @ 255#.......

I appreciate any input........

On another note, I've already started writing down my wish list for upgrades(nice being single, and all I have to worry about is me and my truck), any suggestions will be appreciated, and looked over....

Thanks in advance to all......
Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
If your unit allows you to wear civilian boots I highly recommend asolo fugitives. Best boots I've ever worn. If you can't wear civilian boots I've heard lowa zephyr's are great.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #3
GreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the roughGreatBasinTaco is a jewel in the rough
Army:
Name: Mike
GreatBasinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
a lot of guys like the danner's. They have a military style 8" boot and more of a hiking type coyote tan boot (can't remember the name of them. I have them and love them. A bunch of the guys were wearing hiking style boots and like them due to low weight and greater flexibility.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen a little bit of everything. Pretty much can't go wrong with Danner's and I've heard the Nike boots are comfy but I wasn't going to drop the cash on them for a 1 year dep. when I have 2 perfectly good pairs of GI boots.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
if you're a fobbit like this me, get the nike SFB's. it's like having tennis shoes on. but if you go out and about you'll tear them up quick.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #6
SpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpeedoJosh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SpeedoJosh's Tacoma Gallery
Garmonts or Nikes. I guarantee you can't tear up the Garmonts. I've put mine through 2 years of shiz, and they still are holding up strong.

Get the nikes for daily strolling, but toss on the Garmonts if you're rucking or plan to be in some shitty terrain, as the nikes get slippery.

Link for image of Garmonts >>> http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/t8ta...otgarmont.aspx

/thread
Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Reeves is on a distinguished road

Army: 2/16
Reeves's Tacoma Gallery
Garmonts.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #8
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
you'll also be issued ankle high boots at RFI
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Go to the stoe and try some on...... Get whats comfortable for you....
Old 04-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
I found that the Blackhawk boots were the most comfortable boots that I've ever used. Danner TFXs are nice as well.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
the oakleys and the nikes are pretty good. for me i always liked the belleville gortex boots, and they were standard issue. win!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
Baum is on a distinguished road

Army: 3-2 SBCT
Name: Tyler
Baum's Tacoma Gallery
I had Nike's throughout my entire deployment to Afghanistan, they do wear down quiet a bit but they are damn comfy and lite!
Here is a link:
http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=sh...KW_091212_GPLA
Old 04-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Baum is on a distinguished road

Army: 3-2 SBCT
Name: Tyler
Baum's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamamerica View Post
you'll also be issued ankle high boots at RFI
I could not stand those boots from RFI! I thought they were ugly and uncomfortable. BUT, they did come handy in the snow, then again they were horrible on ice.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #14
T O Y O T A
mlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of lightmlittle is a glorious beacon of light

Army: E Co, 4-3 ADA BN Executive Officer
Name: Michael
mlittle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
the oakleys and the nikes are pretty good. for me i always liked the belleville gortex boots, and they were standard issue. win!
I hate the warm weather boots that were issued out, but the Gortex boots are nice. I use my older pairs for hunting since they fit well and they're fairly lightweight.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 AM   #15
slingshot5r is on a distinguished road

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
If your unit allows you to wear civilian boots I highly recommend asolo fugitives. Best boots I've ever worn. If you can't wear civilian boots I've heard lowa zephyr's are great.
LOWA ZEPHYR'S FTW!!!! These are great boots. I wore them during my last deployment and I HIGHLY recommend them. They will last and they feel like running shoes. Asolo's are great and they will also last but in my opinion the Lowas are a lot more comfortable. I think you will be happy with either of these two. Good luck, stay safe and check your corner man.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 AM   #16
miniceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedminiceptor86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cook, 589th Combat Engineers, Ahn Khe, RVN
Name: Jim
miniceptor86's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you all for your service.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #17
LennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to allLennyTheLip is a name known to all
Law Enforcement:
LennyTheLip's Tacoma Gallery
I wear Bates Ultralights as an everyday duty boot, and they're awesome. Last long, very light, and I believe you can get them in tan or desert camo. Another good one is the Oakley SI Assault boot. Little pricier, but an amazingly comfortable boot, available in tan, camo, and several heights. Big plus: go to US Standard Issue. Its Oakley's LEO, Military, and First Responder website. Scan and email a copy of your ID, and everything is roughly 40%-50% off retail prices. Best of luck over there.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #19
TacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaG26 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SFS
Name: Nic
TacomaG26's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Altamas but i Rocky SV2s are nice aswell
Old 04-25-2013, 01:27 AM   #20
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaG26 View Post
I love my Altamas but i Rocky SV2s are nice aswell
Beat me to it! I have the S2V's and I love them. Going on 2.5 yrs and the have held up better than any boot I have seen my tread is worn where I walk thats the only sign of wear.