Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

The VA is the best! :)

Old 04-25-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
The VA is the best! :)

Well the VA has surprised me with sheer excellence once again haha

I found out today while meeting the new doctor I requested, because my old one wasn't all that helpful, that my old doc diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. The fun part is I found out today, and this diagnosis is dated back to June of last year. My old doc diagnosed me with fibromyalgia and didn't even bother telling me at all in the last ten months . . . haha. I've been in and out of the VA for over two years with no call back about my claims and no diagnosis (or so I thought) until today, kind of.

After so many years in the Corps you learn to just laugh nice and hearty and move when you've been shafted haha

If any other vets would care to share stories of how wonderful the VA has been to you, go ahead. I would just advise ahead of time that you not share any info that could screw you over or get you in trouble or anything.

I would also add that some of the people who work at the VA are absolutely amazing. My case manager cares so much and does the best she can to help me out, and the guy who took my blood today was hilarious and gave me a few tips on how the place works and thanked me for my service about ten time (he's a vietnam vet I think). So, I don't want to seem like a downer, but if anyone is disabled after your service you know as well as I that the back times and horror stories are endless ha.

"Defer, Deny, Wait till I Die!"
Old 04-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #2
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds about right... It's almost to much of a hassle to actually use the health care provided... BUT I am thankful that it is there for me to use when I need it
Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
still trying to get them to diagnose my wife from when she was in...she gets these massive migraines randomly. I've had to go pick her up from school a few times because she couldn't drive.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #4
Newborn
taco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco47001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: High Speed, Low Drag
taco47001's Tacoma Gallery
I've been using the Cincy VA periodically since 2006 when I got out. I have since been re status-ed to "retired" so thankfully I now have access to full tricare bennies. I never really had an issue with VA. I always went to the OIF/ OEF clinic which is a special section at Cincy VA hospital specifically dedicated for those service members returning form Iraq and Afghan. One good thing about the VA I've noticed is that they are not stingy with the prescription meds. I hope you get some answers regarding the untold diagnosis, and of course wish you the best with dealing/ overcoming the effects of the diagnosis.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #5
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco47001 View Post
I've been using the Cincy VA periodically since 2006 when I got out. I have since been re status-ed to "retired" so thankfully I now have access to full tricare bennies. I never really had an issue with VA. I always went to the OIF/ OEF clinic which is a special section at Cincy VA hospital specifically dedicated for those service members returning form Iraq and Afghan. One good thing about the VA I've noticed is that they are not stingy with the prescription meds. I hope you get some answers regarding the untold diagnosis, and of course wish you the best with dealing/ overcoming the effects of the diagnosis.
Glad to hear you've had good experiences

in my opinion the bolded portion is one of the worst things about the VA
Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #6
elroyyboy is on a distinguished road
Army:
elroyyboy's Tacoma Gallery
VAMC Lexington Ky makes a Battalion Aid Station look like the Mayo Clinic.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #7

"We owe you nothing."

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-981081