Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

No more base stickers for vehicles! WTF?

Old 05-29-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
2004TacomaNavy is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircraft Maintenance Chief
Name: Brian
2004TacomaNavy's Tacoma Gallery
No more base stickers for vehicles! WTF?

I'm in the Navy up here in the PACNORWEST, NAS Whidbey Island. I just heard that starting in a couple days from now, no more base stickers will be issued to military personnel due to the cost. I knew we were broke but DAMN!
Old 05-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Bandit196 is on a distinguished road

Army: Sergeant, A Co. 1-41IN, 3/1 AD
Name: Ross
Bandit196's Tacoma Gallery
Fort Bliss hasn't required them for a couple years and for at least four years, you've had to buy them.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
I know the Air Force doesn't use them. My wife is Navy and they use them in Norfolk....for Eustis still uses them but they are not required, and so does fort Gordon. Not sure if I will get new ones when mine expire
Old 05-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #4
mgrace is on a distinguished road

Army: OH-58 pilot, 6ID, 8ID
mgrace's Tacoma Gallery
Here at Ft Hood we still have to stand in line for an hour or two to get the stickers. Never heard of a cost involved but for contractors maybe. Would not surprise me. I am all for getting rid of them. Id card should be good enough. They have to hold each one anyway to verify.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Whiskey Neat is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mechanic - of sorts
Name: James
Whiskey Neat's Tacoma Gallery
Stickers were eliminated from the Air Force as a whole at least four years ago. Might have even been eight years ago. The guards check IDs anyway, not much point in having stickers any more.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #7
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Yep. Security police are checking IDs anyway (or they're suppose to). Vehicle decals are a waste of time.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #9
UNDESTRUCTABLE
Imagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura aboutImagine7721 has a spectacular aura about

Army: OIF 07-09, 09-11, OND 2011 3rd Battalion, 8th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division
Name: Casey
Imagine7721's Tacoma Gallery
I was happy to scrape those thing off of my windshield when I pcs'd from Hood to Germany. Here they say it is an OPSEC measure to make sure that you don't stand out. My Tacoma sticks out like a sore thumb and is twice as big as just about any car on the road.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
SteveT is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Medic
Name: Steve
SteveT's Tacoma Gallery
stopped issuing them here at Ft Campbell also. always hated those things
Old 05-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #13
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Plus, I no longer have to get an emissions test that is not needed in the county I live in, but was required by Kirtland AFB to get a base decal.
Now if Kirtland AFB would stop making me show up when my wife or grandson need a new ID. I gotta' be there even though I don't sign anything, say anything or show MY ID to anyone. WTF? I thought DEERS was suppose to eliminate the need for the sponsor to be there?
Old 05-31-2013, 06:51 AM   #14
SpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpacemanSpiff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
SpacemanSpiff's Tacoma Gallery
Haven't heard that...just updated mine this week in Beaufort...
Old 06-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #15
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
I haven't had a decal in years. Some units in the CG are told to not use them so we are not as easy to identify and target.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:08 AM   #16
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
They are fading out for many reasons. One of the larger being that they make the vehicle a target for hippies and liberals to vandalize.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:19 AM   #17
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Navy navadmin came out last week about them phasing them out. So now its just up to the installation as to when they wont be required.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #18
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
About damn time! Mine is half ass ripped off from when I EAS'd. Shit is on there good.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
For Love of Truck
Soft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to allSoft Taco is a name known to all

Army: 101st Airborne
Name: Tyler
Soft Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTacoma02 View Post
About damn time! Mine is half ass ripped off from when I EAS'd. Shit is on there good.
I remember trying to remove one from an old jeep of mine. It ate goo gone and dulled razor blades like a real SOB.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:46 AM   #20
07 BLACK FJ is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard:
Name: Bryan
07 BLACK FJ's Tacoma Gallery
we got an email a few weeks ago for the same thing no more decals, now is that across the board for motorcycles also? Im at Miami Beach in the CG