Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Joining the USAF

Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good man...i'm still a 3C2 in the guard. just note that all 3C and 2E positions are going through a revamp some FY 2010 and everyone will be a 1BXXX, depending on the job
Old 02-25-2009, 02:37 PM   #22
Life is good!!
johneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohneman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Ordinance E-5
Name: Ken
johneman's Tacoma Gallery
All the best of luck to you. Thanks for your service. Try to enjoy your time in service and most of all, stay safe!!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy Afghanistan... Wait, you said Air force right? Nevermind.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post
shit...i've already been to iraq and my rotation comes up this year, so i may be going to either. COMBAT COMM!!
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
WildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really niceWildcatRider is just really nice

WildcatRider's Tacoma Gallery
Well hopefully I get the 1A3 job, then I can enjoy Afghanistan from 29,000 feet

That's the job I want most anyway
Old 02-25-2009, 03:24 PM   #26
jrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjrw1965 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: John
jrw1965's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and Good luck. Enjoy everywhere you go and everything you see while you can. Before you know it 20 years is up and your retired.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #27
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
Join the marine corps!

i agree join the corps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post

Aint the the freakin truth....
Old 02-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #28
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatRider View Post
This is something I have been thinking about for YEARS.

I took the leap and went to meet the recruiter today. I signed all of my initial forms and stuff. Got a 91 on my practice ASVAB. Going to MEPS in Knoxville next week on March 4th and 5th to get my physical and take the real ASVAB and get my job and swear in. I will probably go into the DEP (Delayed Enlistment Program) for about 4-5 months while my fiance and I try to put a wedding together and then I will leave for basic. Unless I can get a guaranteed job and ship off within the next month in which case we will get married at the courthouse before I leave and have a ceremony after I get out of Tech School.

Looking to get a guaranteed job for 1A3X1, 2E2X1, 3C2X1, or 3C0X1.. all computer related jobs which is what I already do for a living.

I am excited in a nervous kind of way
Hey, whats up mang! Just remember, Basic is just a game. They will try to put a lot of pressure on you guys, it's all a game. They will give you imposible situations that do not have a solution. Then when you fail they freak out on you. It's just a big game. Stay under the radar, don't volunteer for any thing. If the TI can't remember your name, you are doing good. KP duty is the shit! That IS somthing to volunteer for. Get on pots and pans. More food and 12 hour break from everything. The french toast in basic is soooooo good, but it's a trap. That stuff will put you to sleep fast. And thats the last thing you want when you are doing training on the drill pad. Um... And just remember, basic and tech school are not the air force, Totaly diffrent. Real thing is not bad at all. I wish you best of luck bro!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:06 PM   #30
Sooooooper Moderator

yeah...definately volunteer for KP and for the day to day jobs, volunteer for laundry crew....time away from the TI's 3 times a week. good shit
Old 02-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #31
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
I've served 25 years in the Army and wouldn't trade the experience for anything but if my son asks me for advice I would say go Air Force. They have a better quality of living.

And don't worry about Basic, it's just Air Force Basic. It's like an 8 week party
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #32
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
Basic is just a game. They will try to put a lot of pressure on you guys, it's all a game. They will give you imposible situations that do not have a solution. Then when you fail they freak out on you. It's just a big game. Stay under the radar, don't volunteer for any thing. If the TI can't remember your name, you are doing good. ... And just remember, basic and tech school are not the air force, Totaly diffrent. Real thing is not bad at all.
All very accurate statements...Air Force basic training is based on making you mentally strong...the end goal is to train you to be able to perform effectively in a stressfull environment...

I prefer cleaning the stairwell during basic instead of laundry. During daily cleaning everybody is inside yelling at everybody to sweep and clean the toilets while your outside in the stairwell chillin with no stress...

Some think flying below the radar will cost them the opportunity at honor grad....not true at all...if you do well during your fitness test, inspections and test you will get it even if the TI doesn't know your name...

But remember, DO NOT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING...
Old 02-25-2009, 06:24 PM   #33
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood_usmc View Post
i agree join the corps....

Aint the the freakin truth....
Spoken like a true Jarhead...
P.S. Next time your in the Stan... look around when you walk off the plane, everything you see around you???? Its called an Air Base. And from there they launch the killing machines that allow you to sit on a ridge and watch the enemy die, that is when the Air Force TACP that is assigned to your unit calls them in from the sky above.
Don't hate the player... Hate your recruiter.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #34
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Go Air Force.

What ever you do DO NOT come in without a guaranteed job!!! You will regret it!!!

Congratulations.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #35
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoTaco08 View Post
All very accurate statements...Air Force basic training is based on making you mentally strong...the end goal is to train you to be able to perform effectively in a stressfull environment...

I prefer cleaning the stairwell during basic instead of laundry. During daily cleaning everybody is inside yelling at everybody to sweep and clean the toilets while your outside in the stairwell chillin with no stress...

Some think flying below the radar will cost them the opportunity at honor grad....not true at all...if you do well during your fitness test, inspections and test you will get it even if the TI doesn't know your name...

But remember, DO NOT VOLUNTEER FOR ANYTHING...
yeah, but laundry crew doesnt do shit for daily cleanings except dor laundry days....we also got pushed to the front of the line to get chow. be and the guy beside me got honor grad. pretty easy. not sure what all they've added since i went in 01, but warrior week was the best
Old 02-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #36
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Go Air Force.

What ever you do DO NOT come in without a guaranteed job!!! You will regret it!!!

Congratulations.
haha...very true. dont do open anything...even open electronics.

next time i'm in sumter, we should meet up haha
Old 02-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #37
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
If I could do it again, I would have joined the AF instead... good quality of life...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #38
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
If I could do it again, I would have joined the AF instead... good quality of life...
yeah...except when i was in iraq and AF was in tents 10 deep and army was in A/C'd trailers w/ only 4 ppl...lol
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #39
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah...except when i was in iraq and AF was in tents 10 deep and army was in A/C'd trailers w/ only 4 ppl...lol
all depends on your job...

If you're a cable dog... then hell ya... stay in that tent with 10 people... it's good for you... it will at least make you think that you sound hard core when telling the story...
Old 02-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #40
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah, but laundry crew doesnt do shit for daily cleanings except dor laundry days....

I think that is more of a case by case situation...because in our flt it's not like we said, "hey everybody is busting their ass every morning and night cleaning the toilets but since you do laundry three times a week you don't have to clean"

If you got away with that, good on you, but I don't think that is the norm..