Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Just Graduated Ranger School!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #21
BullMoose
BullMoose is on a distinguished road

Army: Medic
BullMoose's Tacoma Gallery
As all others have said already, "Congratulations"!

I drove from Mississippi to Seward, AK once in my old 04 tacoma. It was incredible!

If you do PCS to AK and head through Wyoming, look me up and I'll buy you a beer.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 1LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgillchevy View Post
Congratulations!! Now go to IHOPS and gorge yourself, then go sleep for about 12 hours! What's the 5th stanza of the Ranger creed,......w/o lookin.
Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle, for I am better trained, and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy, and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Typed without looking. I definitely have been gorging myself - eating myself into severe pain every meal; It's been awesome.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #23
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMoose View Post
As all others have said already, "Congratulations"!

I drove from Mississippi to Seward, AK once in my old 04 tacoma. It was incredible!

If you do PCS to AK and head through Wyoming, look me up and I'll buy you a beer.
Absolutely, thanks for the offer! I have yet to meet up with a fellow TW'er, and now that I am out of TRADOC, I'm going to make it a point to start going to meets, dinners, etc. I love Wyoming, so making a stop there would be great.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Congrats, quite an accomplishment for you!

We do have a few members in the Anchorage area if you end up there. And I have driven the Alcan, there's a few threads here from others who have driven it as well, happy to help plan the drive and give a few pointers.
Thanks a lot for the offer! I will definitely need some pointers for the trip. I have driven from Atlanta, GA to Irvine, CA five times - so I'm no stranger to long road trips - but I assume traveling through Canada and on the Alaskan Highway might pose some unique challenges and require some special planning.

Oh, and Thanks everyone for the congratulations!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post
Thanks a lot for the offer! I will definitely need some pointers for the trip. I have driven from Atlanta, GA to Irvine, CA five times - so I'm no stranger to long road trips - but I assume traveling through Canada and on the Alaskan Highway might pose some unique challenges and require some special planning.

Oh, and Thanks everyone for the congratulations!

Congradulations Ranger!!

One thing to remember if you drive through Canada is the firearm laws. FedEx any you may have. But the trip sounds like it will be great.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
lurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud oflurpranger has much to be proud of

Army: LRS
lurpranger's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and welcome to the brotherhood...RLTW 1-81
Old 07-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #28
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Bravo Zulu Ranger!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 AM   #30
Tacomaized
Kulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shedKulahaga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19th Special Forces Airborne
Name: Roger
Kulahaga's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Hunter,

Congrats!!! Do you happen to know Sgt. Harmer, one of the Ranger training instructors at Ft. Benning? He is my nephew.

Best of luck to you!

Cheers,

Roger
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #31
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations and thank you for your service.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #32
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
One of the best videos ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRiszcxN3Ys

Matt
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #33
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and thank you for your service.

Also, if that is your Taco in the sig pic (I assume), I noticed the GT sticker on the back window. Are you a grad, a fan, both?

Graduated from there back in 2000. Again, congrats and thanks for your service.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #34
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Ranger school is your first bump. Keep the hard work up and stay high speed.

Before you know it, you'll end up in CAG
Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTechoma View Post
Congrats and thank you for your service.

Also, if that is your Taco in the sig pic (I assume), I noticed the GT sticker on the back window. Are you a grad, a fan, both?

Graduated from there back in 2000. Again, congrats and thanks for your service.
That is my truck in my signature. I graduated GT in 2012 with a Mechanical Engineering Degree. You can also see my Emory Sticker - I also graduated from Emory University where I studied Economics and Mathematics. After having attended both schools, I value my Tech degree so much more; If I wasn't in the Army, that's the one I would use to get a job. I had a ton of fun at both schools and am glad that I took the dual degree route.

What did you study while you were at Tech? Are you currently working in that field (or have worked in that field?)

Hunter
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #36
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man, that's one hell of an achievement!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #38
GTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGTechoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GTechoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter.V.White View Post
That is my truck in my signature. I graduated GT in 2012 with a Mechanical Engineering Degree. You can also see my Emory Sticker - I also graduated from Emory University where I studied Economics and Mathematics. After having attended both schools, I value my Tech degree so much more; If I wasn't in the Army, that's the one I would use to get a job. I had a ton of fun at both schools and am glad that I took the dual degree route.

What did you study while you were at Tech? Are you currently working in that field (or have worked in that field?)

Hunter
Nice, dual degrees. I studied Polymer and Textile Chemistry (a few classes shy of a ChemE)... made plastics for a while. Now I'm a pension/retirement consultant.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
just watche a show last night on the rangers....dude you the man!!