Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Just completed Infantryman Training!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #1
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Just completed Infantryman Training!

After about 3months 16 days (April 30-August 16) of rucking, shooting, classes, field exercises and all other infantry cool shit I have completed my 11B MOS at Fort Benning in Columbus GA. I have been inactive for sometime as they barely gave us our phones so I spent little time on TW just looking around. I'm happy to be in the special group of men(and soon to be women) that stormed the beaches of Normandy and made shit happen. I can say that OSUT training was tough at times, the weather was stupid hot and the things that went in the bays was something to laugh at now. I miss a couple of the guys I had the pleasure of meeting but we are moving on to our units to better our lives. Just wanted to let this out as people have noticed my inactivity and this is the best way.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
vibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to beholdvibez is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
vibez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!!!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #5
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Much appreciated fellas! TW is the best place for this sorta stuff. Good people.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Me mber
chris5255 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
chris5255's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations. Thank you for serving.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:37 AM   #7
HellOnRails has a spectacular aura aboutHellOnRails has a spectacular aura about
Name: Danny
HellOnRails's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations! I graduated in Febuary 93'. Hopefully (as weak as this gov't wishes to make this nation) women will never be included into the group of Infantrymen.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
DD977GM2 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Gunners Mate 2nd Class
DD977GM2's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your service and if your ever in Denver, Id be honored to buy you a beer!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:58 AM   #10
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD977GM2 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your service and if your ever in Denver, Id be honored to buy you a beer!!!!!!
i appreciate that. It's just something i thought i should do.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #11
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Heading to airborne school? What unit you going to?
Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 AM   #12
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Heading to airborne school? What unit you going to?
I couldnt do airborne because

1)college started the very next week
2)PT wasnt there yet.

Im in the National guard, i went over the summer to reap educational benefits and get my time in service rolling.

I am transferring to an Military Intelligence unit when i contract with ROTC.

No idea which unit i'll be in exactly.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats and I am now looking into the national guard since I want to serve my country
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #14
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Congrats and I am now looking into the national guard since I want to serve my country
I say if you want to do military-part time and still lead a civilian lifestyle NG is the place to be.

If you are pursing higher education, they can help ya with that too!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #15
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
I couldnt do airborne because

1)college started the very next week
2)PT wasnt there yet.

Im in the National guard, i went over the summer to reap educational benefits and get my time in service rolling.

I am transferring to an Military Intelligence unit when i contract with ROTC.

No idea which unit i'll be in exactly.
We don't have a dedicated military intelligence unit in the state. Just usually one officer per unit and enlisted soldiers.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
We don't have a dedicated military intelligence unit in the state. Just usually one officer per unit and enlisted soldiers.
awh shucks. well then idk how im doing MI in SC while in college..

I digress. MI is still the plan, whatever state i've gotta go to.