Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Do i go to Afgan or not???

View Poll Results: Do i go or do i stay
Go to afganistan and make the much needed money??? 24 44.44%
Get out of the Marine Corps with no money, no job, and a truck payment??? 30 55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
You've served your country. Now serve your family.

X2 no better way to say it
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM   #22
Wandering aimlessly
mtntaco3531 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, MotorT, 2 Iraq Tours
mtntaco3531's Tacoma Gallery
Man I was in this same position a little over a year ago. I did a 1 year extension and went back to Iraq. Yes it sucked being gone, but I didn't realize what suckiness was until I got back and walked right into this sh*tstorm of an economy. I say all this from a single man's viewpoint...I know how hard it was on the married Marines in the unit. Tough choice, stay home with the family and take your chances with the economy, or one last oorah and save money and come out ahead. Best of luck to you either decision you make. From one Marine to another, Semper Fi
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #24
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know your situation but

Sounds like you have to go.... No plan, debt, and a family to provide for....
Old 03-05-2009, 10:23 PM   #25
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Take it from a Marine that has spent time in both the Stan and Iraq and now trains the ones who are headed over, this is not a time you want to head back to Afghanistan! Everyone can complain about the economy as much as they want but you can guarantee that your service will put you at the head of the pack when it comes to working in the real world. The money is not worth the risk or hell you will be putting your family through. Walk into life in the 1st Civ Div with your Marine work ethic and you will be fine.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #26
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
if you have some jobs lined up, id say get out and spend some time with the family.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:26 AM   #27
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for everyones input.... im pretty sure ill just be getting out here in Aug.... im almost positive i will not have a problem getting a job with my military experience....
Old 03-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #28
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood_usmc View Post
Thanks for everyones input.... im pretty sure ill just be getting out here in Aug.... im almost positive i will not have a problem getting a job with my military experience....
Have you started into a TAPS class or similar transition program and started talking to headhunters or places of employment that you would fit well at??

Cause military service is without a doubt a HUGE boost for employability- but when there is no money- There is no money. The transition programs will be able to give you an idea about what the environment is like and can help you make SURE that you have a job- not just be almost positive.

Good luck...It sounds like you want out...and if it's what you want- Just gotta start out with good headwork and effort early to make sure it goes the way YOU want it to.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #29
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
id go to afghanistan, ive been trying to re-enlist for almost 4 months now. but im not married and i decided theres nothing else that i want to do in life besides being a Marine. but if you choose to get out there is nothing wrong with that, like others have said, you already served a helluva lot more than most people have. good luck either way.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 AM   #30
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
You have served your country. It's time to head home Marine.
Your family needs you now. In time you will look back on those days and nights knowing you accomplished more in a short time than most do in a lifetime. Raise a glass to all you served with and those that came before you.

Job well done.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:21 AM   #31
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Even though I hastely voted for you to go to the stan, I see now that there is family involved. If it were possible to change my vote to get out I would. Stay home and build your lifey with the wifey.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE MARINE!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 07:59 AM   #32
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
[quote=andyr;447252]....??? somebody has to go and orchestrate some fuckin death ~!! kill bodies[/quote

^^^
Eisenhower with the Beavis and ButtHead quote will go for you. We'll hold his place.

Not to sound to cliche' but...You've done what you've needed and wanted to do, now spend time with your wife, family and friends.

Thanks for your sacrifice.

Besides.....You'd have to dent up a perfectly good Toyota to weed out the bad guys. Who could sleep with that on one's mind? Do i go to Afgan or not???-chadian_soldiers_in_toyota_pickup_truck.jpg
Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #33
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
How about you re-enlist? Depending on your MOS, you'll probably get a bonus and if you do it over there it'll be tax free. I'm a little bias on this subject but I think the "living hell" would be a lot worse with no job and no money to support your family. The Marine Corps does have a lot of BS to deal with sometimes but it's about the only way nowadays to get a guaranteed paycheck. I'm sure she doesn't like the deployments but that's what we do.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #34
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jeremy
El Duderino 480's Tacoma Gallery
im having the same dilemma, my unit is going to the stan in november, and its going to cut into my EAS, depending on how long i have to extend ill probably go, i just wanna make it in time for school
Old 03-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #35
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
you know what sucks about be a civilian again. All the bull shit classes you have to go through to get out. They make that paper work harder to get out than in. They probably got me for life. I just hate the fact that I will have to go to a class and have some retired cheif tell me that its no longer a head but a restroom, its not a scuttle but a water fountain. I mean WTF is that???
Old 03-06-2009, 01:53 PM   #36
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
having a happy wife is more important than having money.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #37
www.EvolvedFinance.com
ccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shedccoorreeyy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
ccoorreeyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2
X3
Old 03-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #38
"The Dude"
El Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of lightEl Duderino 480 is a glorious beacon of light

to some people its not just the money, its serving side by side with your fellow marine/friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
having a happy wife is more important than having money.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #39
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino 480 View Post
to some people its not just the money, its serving side by side with your fellow marine/friend
i understand that but he has expressed concerns over money. he also made it clear that his wife would be unhappy. He did he duty, which i am thankful for, but now i think he should spend time with his wife.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #40
"The Dude"

oh yeah for sure!