Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Do i go to Afgan or not???

View Poll Results: Do i go or do i stay
Go to afganistan and make the much needed money??? 24 44.44%
Get out of the Marine Corps with no money, no job, and a truck payment??? 30 55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #41
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camppentaco View Post
How about you re-enlist? Depending on your MOS, you'll probably get a bonus and if you do it over there it'll be tax free. I'm a little bias on this subject but I think the "living hell" would be a lot worse with no job and no money to support your family. The Marine Corps does have a lot of BS to deal with sometimes but it's about the only way nowadays to get a guaranteed paycheck. I'm sure she doesn't like the deployments but that's what we do.
You know I tend to think that a Marine that would offer this type of advise is either young or fails to realize that at the end of it all the Marine Corps will continue to exist without you, them or me. The fact that you have to wrestle so much with this discussion means that it is time for you to go, take care of your family and move on. I am an 0311 and have been a squad leader in both theaters and what the advise given above fails to put a price on is your life. Now given some MOS's this is not as much of a concern as it is in one like my own however my advise remains solid and true.

PS. Marines tend to forget that though we stand by the Marines and Sailors we live. train and fight with when it's all over and the Marine Corps is done with you who will be by your side? I can bet you that it will not be the U.S.M.C.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #42
Wandering aimlessly
mtntaco3531 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, MotorT, 2 Iraq Tours
mtntaco3531's Tacoma Gallery
Solid advice right above me. I've buried friends of mine from being in Iraq, and from the effects of Iraq. One had his wife start messing around on him while he was gone and he couldn't deal with it when it was all said and done and took his own life. I think you have already made up your mind. The Corps isn't going to think any differently of you if you don't reenlist or extend, but what will your wife think? No one here will think differently of you, and if they do, then screw them anyway.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #43
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntaco3531 View Post
Solid advice right above me. I've buried friends of mine from being in Iraq, and from the effects of Iraq. One had his wife start messing around on him while he was gone and he couldn't deal with it when it was all said and done and took his own life. I think you have already made up your mind. The Corps isn't going to think any differently of you if you don't reenlist or extend, but what will your wife think? No one here will think differently of you, and if they do, then screw them anyway.

Thank you! Finally a Marine who does not talk like some BOOT still living with the grand illusions pounded into his head in boot camp!
Old 03-06-2009, 10:40 PM   #44
Wandering aimlessly
mtntaco3531 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt, MotorT, 2 Iraq Tours
mtntaco3531's Tacoma Gallery
Who you with out at Stumps Jay? 7th Marines? I lost that boot camp mentality eons ago, doesn't take long to see through all of the BS. It's a steady paycheck, true, but it's an even steadier stream of BS. You know it rolls downhill.....and the closer you are to the bottom the deeper it gets.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtntaco3531 View Post
Who you with out at Stumps Jay? 7th Marines? I lost that boot camp mentality eons ago, doesn't take long to see through all of the BS. It's a steady paycheck, true, but it's an even steadier stream of BS. You know it rolls downhill.....and the closer you are to the bottom the deeper it gets.
Very true brotha, I am working with the Adviser Training Group out here now. When I left the fleet after 3 pumps I was a live fire coyote doing Mojave Viper and now I instruct the trainision teams headed to both the Stan and Iraq. With the hours I work now I miss the fleet from time to time. Overall its been fun...
Old 03-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #46
Mommy says I'm special
Camppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud ofCamppentaco has much to be proud of

Marines: SSgt, I MEF CE
Name: Erik
Camppentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you don't want to be in then get the f_ck out. How's that?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #47
wawireguy is on a distinguished road
wawireguy's Tacoma Gallery
To go or stay.. That's a personal choice.. One thing no one mentioned is that I'm pretty sure you can get unemployment when you get out of the military. It's nothing to get overly excited about but still something coming in is better than nothing.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #48
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawireguy View Post
To go or stay.. That's a personal choice.. One thing no one mentioned is that I'm pretty sure you can get unemployment when you get out of the military. It's nothing to get overly excited about but still something coming in is better than nothing.
Ummm...I'm pretty sure not. Unemployment is reserved for people who lost their jobs thru no fault of their own...Not someone who decides it's time to move on.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:37 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
Ummm...I'm pretty sure not. Unemployment is reserved for people who lost their jobs thru no fault of their own...Not someone who decides it's time to move on.
Military members that get out are able to draw unemployment for up to six months after getting out of the DOD.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #51
Eat My Dirt
Siafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the roughSiafu is a jewel in the rough

Siafu's Tacoma Gallery
He said it best. GO HOME TO THE OLE LADY
Old 03-07-2009, 01:25 PM   #52
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
time to have some fun. you will have debt either way...if you pay off your truck you will just want to buy something else and have the same debt you had before you went.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #53
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
The majority is where i stand. Never think that you need to do one more pump. 4 years or 20, you have done your part. be a shitty thing to go for the money and then not come back to spend it brother. but I also dont suggest getting out unless you have a good plan.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:48 PM   #54
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a crusty SFC who's pushin 16yrs and four rotations over there, trust me it isn't worth it. ARMY is alot diff, but like was posted above shit rolls down hill. Get a job, be with the fam. I lost my wife and kid to my third deployment and I pay for it everyday in more ways than one. Don't get me wrong I love my job and and in four yrs will walk away retired. But in that time the ARMY will have a hundred guys ready to take my place. So walk away and be happy with your Service!! Not everyone can do what we do. Take time for family.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #55
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch96r View Post
I'm a crusty SFC who's pushin 16yrs and four rotations over there, trust me it isn't worth it. ARMY is alot diff, but like was posted above shit rolls down hill. Get a job, be with the fam. I lost my wife and kid to my third deployment and I pay for it everyday in more ways than one. Don't get me wrong I love my job and and in four yrs will walk away retired. But in that time the ARMY will have a hundred guys ready to take my place. So walk away and be happy with your Service!! Not everyone can do what we do. Take time for family.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #56
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
WTF Ben?

The OP only posed the question just under 4 years ago. I'd harass Hutch too if my feeble mind hadn't allowed me to do the same thing...
Old 01-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #57
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #58
hutch96r is on a distinguished road
Army: NCO
Name: Chris
hutch96r's Tacoma Gallery
I would be a moron for not lookin at the date!! I deserced that!! Thanks for the wake up. lmfao