Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Do i go to Afgan or not???

View Poll Results: Do i go or do i stay
Go to afganistan and make the much needed money??? 24 44.44%
Get out of the Marine Corps with no money, no job, and a truck payment??? 30 55.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Do i go to Afgan or not???

I have a small delima on my hand.... Im supposed to be getting out of the marine corps in aug.... BUT there is an upcoming deployment to afganistan.... Now i could volunteer to go but i would have to extend my enlistment by approx. 10 months just to go.... The money would be really nice... i could pay off my truck and possibly get a bass boat..... But the old lady back home would not like me going at all.... She would be in a living hell for the whole deployment..... I just dont know.... Any advice would be great!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #2
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
youve served alot of time, go make sweet love to the ole lady
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post

thats what im leaning towards......
Old 03-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #4
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
You've served your country. Now serve your family.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:01 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
X2
Old 03-05-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
x3
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunesDoesTRD View Post
You got something job-wise to go to if you leave the Corps??

Cause I'm all for spending time with the lil lady and what not-but this isn't the best time to be unsure of the next paycheck....

Yeah i got some jobs lined up... i have ever since before i joined the corps.... I know ppl that can hook me up pretty good even how the job market is now a days
Old 03-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
x3
Old 03-05-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for your service. Now it's someone else's turn. It's time for you to be home with your family. Remember, you're not the only one involved here. Your family has been through this entire enlistment with you too. Count your blessings you can come home safe and enjoy the rest of your life. The "toys" you mention are only material things and willl always be there for you when you get yourself financially stabilized.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #11
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
That is exactly how it should be! There should always be something for our boys to come home to job-wise & other! ATTA BOY bwood. I say go be with the lil missus. Money comes & goes, but family does not.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Thanks for all the advise guys....
Old 03-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #13
Assistant To The Regional Manager
andyr is on a distinguished road
Marines: OIF COMBAT VET E 2/5
andyr's Tacoma Gallery
....??? somebody has to go and orchestrate some fuckin death ~!! kill bodies
Old 03-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #14
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
ive been begging for some decent IA orders but the navy will only let me go guard jails. To boring and I dont want to go work with the army. I would go. But im on shore duty and have the sea duty itch
Old 03-05-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoskim View Post

I agree.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
Colinwoods84 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aviation Electricians Mate/Sikorsky H-60s
Colinwoods84's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Colinwoods84
BTW. this poll is more likely to be bias.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #17
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
Many people have already said it. Stay with the family, man. You did your part, now let the next generation do theirs. Well, thats what I believe...

I myself will have a work-up starting in about 9 short months.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #18
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
youve served alot of time, go make sweet love to the ole tacoma
Old 03-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #19
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
how much money are we talking? A guy I know just reinlisted for 20K.

If you DESPARETLY need the money, then yes I'd say stay in..You know your getting that money.

If you can wait till you find a job, then take the leave.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:37 PM   #20
G-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really niceG-Sak is just really nice

G-Sak's Tacoma Gallery
You have put in your time. Thank you for your service, it does not go unappreciated. You more than deserve to spend time with your lady and the rest of your family. That is what is most important, money is just another tangible thing that people get to caught up on.