Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Tactical vest recommendations

Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM   #1
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
Tactical vest recommendations

Hey all, also posting this in the LEO area since the topic somewhat overlaps:

I do search & rescue, and I'm interested in seeing if you guys have recommendations for tactical vests. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any goofy aspirations of playing John Wayne or pretending I'm doing some commando BS. I just think a good vest would help keep my stuff together and reduce the "where did I put that/dammit let me get back to the truck/gotta dig through this bag/oops fell out of my pants".

I'm looking to hold the following items:
-hydration pack
-maps and mission detail paperwork
-snacks
-VHF radio
-flashlight
-compass
-pen
-notepad
-cell phone
-emergency worker card (basically like a driver license
-wallet
-car keys

So far I've checked out the Tactical Tailor MAT-V, and I've seen the Condor Modular Chest Set in person. The Condor would be great except the front pouches are for M16 style mags and not really wide enough for maps... unless there's molle map pouch I could add on.

Thoughts and suggestions, please!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
BELT FED 2OZ. PULL
river rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedriver rat 69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: River Boats,Mike's & PBR'S Viet-Nam 68&69
Name: Jim
river rat 69's Tacoma Gallery
try here op,,,,http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/law...ml#post7566876
Old 10-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I posted in both locations because I wanted input from both forums... unless you are saying LEOs have better knowledge of tactical gear?
Old 10-26-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
MadMedic35 is on a distinguished road
MadMedic35's Tacoma Gallery
I would look at what I call a chest rack plus. The link below is to a web company owned by a Group guy who stands behind all gear he sells. I have bought many items from him and trust him. Personally I use a Paraclete chest rig for range days that don't require plate use. Check it out. I would stay away from Condor. There product is junk.

http://www.optactical.com/vests.html
Old 12-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Toy Truck Fan
Hungry is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: R Westmr R, 1PPCLI, LER
Name: Barney
Hungry's Tacoma Gallery
I love my vests but I'm still searching for the perfect (for me, anyways) vest.

I started out with a Blackhawk STRIKE molle vest, too stiff on the sides and back.

Then I bought a FLC in Super version and loved it but I wanted some carrying capacity in the back (hydration pack). I still loved it's light weight.

Right now I'm rocking a 5.11 VTAC for my shooting games (Service Rifle). It's a bit on the stiff side, but I can get all the pouches that I need on there.

Buy what works for you and your game, not to mention cool factor ha ha ha ha

Cheers,
Barney
Old 12-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
sjwhitaker is on a distinguished road

Army: Spec 4 Mafia
Name: Jake
sjwhitaker's Tacoma Gallery
Check out SOE Gear. If they dont have EXACTLY what you want they will make it for you.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #7
I like turtlessss
cflks411 is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Cav
Name: Kris
cflks411's Tacoma Gallery
BDStactical has a great rig. I use one and it has gone to Iraq, and Afghanistan. You can essentially fully customize it to whatever you want.