Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Enlisting with reconstructed ACL

Old 10-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
x2

Military.com has a whole list of conditions that can flag you at MEPS specifically look at the list for lower extremities. I would certainly echo adio's and the others suggestion for focusing your energy on a successful knee surgery & recovery. That will put you in a better place for giving 100% towards your goal of possibly serving. I wish you the best in getting your knee back so you can follow your dream.
Where on the site can I find this info? I just checked out the site, I have been there numerous times before but never for a specific purpose, and there is SO much on that site I dont even know where to look!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #22
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensecondchevelle View Post
Where on the site can I find this info? I just checked out the site, I have been there numerous times before but never for a specific purpose, and there is SO much on that site I dont even know where to look!!!
Nevermind.... Found it.

http://www.military.com/join-armed-f...3452387&rank=4
Old 10-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Just browse through that list. Damn, that's a lot of stuff.

This is why I don't recommend lying when it comes to your health.

"Remember that if you do not get an official waiver and your condition is later discovered, you will most likely be dishonorably discharged for fraudulent enlistment. The choice is yours".
Old 10-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio View Post
Just browse through that list. Damn, that's a lot of stuff.

This is why I don't recommend lying when it comes to your health.

"Remember that if you do not get an official waiver and your condition is later discovered, you will most likely be dishonorably discharged for fraudulent enlistment. The choice is yours".
Yeah not telling the truth about my health is not an option for me . . . It just doesn't seem worth it.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
you knee will never be the same, i dont have any problems with mine, but itll always be in the back of you head that you dont wanna hurt it again. i had surgery last year on my knee due to wakeboarding also, I had to get my ACL, MCL and Meniscus repaired. it sucks.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
you knee will never be the same, i dont have any problems with mine, but itll always be in the back of you head that you dont wanna hurt it again. i had surgery last year on my knee due to wakeboarding also, I had to get my ACL, MCL and Meniscus repaired. it sucks.

Thank you for your optimism! haha!

Yeah it wasn't worth it at all... It was my first time out all year so I was just playing around "getting a feel for things" again and it happen.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #27
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
My ACL repair got me PDQd, when I tried to enlist in the Marines, had all the paper work from my Surgeon saying the knee was good to go, passed all the tests.

Still got rejected. YMMV
Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
My ACL repair got me PDQd, when I tried to enlist in the Marines, had all the paper work from my Surgeon saying the knee was good to go, passed all the tests.

Still got rejected. YMMV
Yeah...from the MANY MANY random forums I have found on
Google it really sounds like its a case by case thing
Old 10-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
Gear Jammer
Brodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrodie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Brodie's Tacoma Gallery
Yea give it a shot, Be up front and honest with them, all they can say is no.

I'd advise having a back up plan.
Old 10-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #30
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Not sure if my ACL's were torn prior but they have been torn 80% for the last 36 months and they dont want to fix them. It has came down to you pass the physical tests or we are going to MED BOARD me and out I go... Im fighting to stay in.