Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

USAF SRB Info

Old 11-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
USAF SRB Info

FYI:

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDispla...MwixI.facebook
Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Tmill will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Aviator
Name: Tyler
Tmill's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I saw that today. I guess retention is no longer an issue or maybe they are trying to deter people from staying 20+ so there is less retirement to pay out.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Air Force is/was giving out SRB's? Shit, haven't seen those in a long time in the CG.

Think stopping SRB's is to drive people out? I would go and say that's a pretty bold sense of entitlement if a SRB is a determining factor on your choice to reenlist.
Old 11-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
If I wasn't in one of those career fields I would agree with your above statement. The unpopular truth of the matter is that people who have been working 14 hour shifts, 4xOn, 3xOff with a strenuous work load and lower manning will eventually say "Fuck this game" and leave. There is a reason we have mental health counselors IN OUR UNITS NOW. This retention gap will again either bring back SRBs, or Stop Loss program to be implemented again. Working up to this point, they will force cross train individuals (typically E5/E6) who will promote faster in their new career field because they are exempt from SKT testing for 2 years. Private sector jobs will be more competitive for less pay as there will be more applicants.

I could debate this forever on how stupid this is but I'm getting sick of typing.. Yes, ultimately, it will cut numbers across the board but history is doomed to repeat itself.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Cheyenne Trail Crew
AlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlphaEcho2k5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 37th Helicopter Squadron
Name: Adam
AlphaEcho2k5's Tacoma Gallery
Whoa, Air Traffic Control... that will see a lot of people bail for the "outside".
Old 11-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
If I wasn't in one of those career fields I would agree with your above statement. The unpopular truth of the matter is that people who have been working 14 hour shifts, 4xOn, 3xOff with a strenuous work load and lower manning will eventually say "Fuck this game" and leave. There is a reason we have mental health counselors IN OUR UNITS NOW. This retention gap will again either bring back SRBs, or Stop Loss program to be implemented again. Working up to this point, they will force cross train individuals (typically E5/E6) who will promote faster in their new career field because they are exempt from SKT testing for 2 years. Private sector jobs will be more competitive for less pay as there will be more applicants.

I could debate this forever on how stupid this is but I'm getting sick of typing.. Yes, ultimately, it will cut numbers across the board but history is doomed to repeat itself.
It's kind of interesting our POV on the big 4 of the DOD. As the CG we literally have fewer members than the entire NYPD. Our entire budget (including retiree pension) is less than the Navy's R&D budget and SRB's haven't been around for years (there may be an exception). All I know and all I'm concerned about if the welfare of the guys in my shop. We are suffering the same budget constraints and cutting personnel and as is right now I have 18 E6 and below (IT) who work for me and manage 2900 end users, 6000 end devices and an AOR that's quite large. If you've got a computer/software issue you'll be lucky to see us within 2 weeks. Now, as IT's in the CG we are expected to manage Cisco networking devices, telephone systems, servers, workstations, installed cable plant including CAT5/CAT6 Fiber Optic and DB cable (yes we do installations to EIA/TIA standards) UPS's public address systems.

You'd be surprised, CG has been suffering this for a long while now and out retention is so high it's unbelievable. You think these methods will cause drastic changes in workforce you'd be surprised. Gotta water the grass you stand on because the grass on the other side is dried up and turned to dust.

Take a read. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-...b_4146760.html
Old 11-27-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
m.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Adam
m.reed.1's Tacoma Gallery
I hope mine will be back within the next 4 years, Or else I will work as a civilian making 6 figures
Old 11-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #8
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.reed.1 View Post
I hope mine will be back within the next 4 years, Or else I will work as a civilian making 6 figures
What the hell do you do that translates to that on the outside?
Old 11-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #9
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
What the hell do you do that translates to that on the outside?
Something like 70% Air Force jobs transfer.

Hell, a guy I knew long ago, got out of the 3N0X2 career field. He works for the Discovery channel, as a videographer on that Alaska gold show.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
The Air Force is downsizing. I heard a week ago, looks like 30,000 billets cut over the next 2 years. When the civilian job market is down retention rates in the military is high. The AF has no issue with retention right now.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
mycroft is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Avionics
mycroft's Tacoma Gallery
I downsized the AF back in May, 94. Got my 20. I don't see any difference with the way Clinton was running the show than Obama. Hilary gets in the assualt will continue. GL to you all still in.