Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Marine Corps recruiting letter

Old 12-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
So what should I start doing to prepare for the marines?
Figure out what jobs they offer! Stay out of trouble as well and start exercising.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #22
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have fun in Highschool and enjoy freedom and lack of responsibility.

And play a sport to stay in shape. Water polo would get you ready for swimming if you wanted to go 0321 down the road
Old 12-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #23
GATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGATORTACO92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Alex
Location: B'ham, AL. Can be found in good ole Cherry Point, NC
GATORTACO92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pt and run.... It's all I do:/
Old 12-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #24
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently playing lacrosse and I'm gonna start rugby soon
Old 12-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #25
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Start preparing for the marines by contacting a coast guard recruiter

Old 12-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #26
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakToyTRD View Post
Start preparing for the marines by contacting a coast guard recruiter

Already looked into coast guard
Old 12-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Oh? So why are you still looking at the marines?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #28

Law Enforcement:
Did you know...that the coast guard has an MOU with the navy that if you are certain grade with a certain time in service you can test out and go through buds with the seals and actually be a seal if you pass the shit. I think that's selling point not many guys think about
Old 12-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #29

Cause marines are sort of a big deal
Old 12-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #31

Law Enforcement:
And coasties aren't?!

Just kiddin....either way you serve your country. Coasties serve primarily in the US on US soil... Marines not so much. Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Watch the History/Discovery Channel show on the SEAL training.

Learn to do that... run with a 60lb ruck in boots, swim miles, climb walls....
though finding 50 degree water to sleep in is going to be tough in Phoenix.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #33
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I knew I didn't have the drive to be a Marine.
I knew that Navy ships are not built for people over 6ft (remember, the Midway was still active in 1980).
Take the Coast Guard seriously in the peak of the Cold War?
I really didn't feel like slugging it out in the trenches in the Army...

I held out for the call from the AF recruiter.

He was excited.

Told me that with my scores (98th %tile on everything except perceptual speed) I could do anything I wanted.

Conversation went like this....

"Sounds great. Before I head down, you need to know that I am deaf in one ear, is that a problem?"

"Uhhh.... yes, but with your scores, I think I can do something."

2 hours later the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"I can pull a medical waiver and get you in!"

"Awesome, what will I fly?"

"Uhh... ummm... a desk?"

"No thanks"

"But but buu... <click>

In retrospect, one of the 3 biggest mistakes of my life.
Dude its not a big deal I mean if the country gets attacked by China or some other foreign power then us common folk are the last line of defense. Also since a lot of Americans owned guns that is why Japan would land on the mainland because they knew they wouldn't last long.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Dude its not a big deal I mean if the country gets attacked by China or some other foreign power then us common folk are the last line of defense. Also since a lot of Americans owned guns that is why Japan would land on the mainland because they knew they wouldn't last long.
Lol

WOLVERINES !
Old 12-14-2013, 08:46 PM   #35
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Cause marines are sort of a big deal
Dude when I was your age I thought that too but in reality every branch has its purpose and the recruiters try to bull shit you into joining a vcertain branch. Now consider this question before joining: what do you want to do in the military and will it transfer tot eh civilian world? Also do you really want to join I mean I would wait until you are sure since its is not a decision to be taken lightly.
Old 12-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #36
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Did you know...that the coast guard has an MOU with the navy that if you are certain grade with a certain time in service you can test out and go through buds with the seals and actually be a seal if you pass the shit. I think that's selling point not many guys think about
But is CG training and daily routine after Basic... and this is a serious question.... conducive to nurturing the qualities that would make for a buds graduate?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #37

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
But is CG training and daily routine after Basic... and this is a serious question.... conducive to nurturing the qualities that would make for a buds graduate?
The buds candidate has to practice and make their own regime for sure....but if the candidate is a tier one position (LEDET, TACLET, MSST, etc) they consistently have to train and pass fitness standards at the level required to even be considered for the seal program.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #38

Quote:
The buds candidate has to practice and make their own regime for sure....but if the candidate is a tier one position (LEDET, TACLET, MSST, etc) they consistently have to train and pass fitness standards at the level required to even be considered for the seal program.
And which of the three divisions under the branch would be most conducive to a successful graduate?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 PM   #39

Law Enforcement:
Probably taclet (tactical law enforcement team). They can deployed on navy ships, with coast guard units to secure ports on foreign fronts etc. And always training when in port at home, tier one fitness standards as well.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:44 PM   #40

Well, I have a friend in the marines, and he loves it