Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Marine Corps recruiting letter

Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
Don't mind me, I'm only slightly stupid
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
HamerMan's Tacoma Gallery
Marine Corps recruiting letter

Got this in the mail today
Attached Thumbnails
Marine Corps recruiting letter-image.jpg  
Old 12-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
MCO is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
MCO's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats man!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCO View Post
Congrats man!

He's 16

They send that letter to every 16 year old.

But it did come from a Sgt Maj.... most likely, the last time he will ever want to receive a direct communication from a Sgt Maj
Old 12-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
HamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedHamerMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post

He's 16

But it did come from a Sgt Maj.... most likely, the last time he will ever want to receive a direct communication from a Sgt Maj
I signed myself up to get this information
Old 12-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

He's 16

Yup.

and

LOL.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamerMan View Post
I signed myself up to get this information
Different world today.

After I took the ASVAB, I had all 3 (5) branches ringing my phone off the hook and sending me letters wanting me to sign up for ROTC.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #7

Hmm.. I have friends who are older and haven't received anything
Old 12-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #8
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Different world today.

After I took the ASVAB, I had all 3 (5) branches ringing my phone off the hook and sending me letters wanting me to sign up for ROTC.
Yup

LOL

I almost joined the Marines. I went to Devil Pups when I was almost 15. Before is was pussified like it is now. My best friend in HS did join the Corps.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
I almost joined the Marines. I went to Devil Pups when I was almost 15. Before is was pussified like it is now. My best friend in HS did join the Corps.
I knew I didn't have the drive to be a Marine.
I knew that Navy ships are not built for people over 6ft (remember, the Midway was still active in 1980).
Take the Coast Guard seriously in the peak of the Cold War?
I really didn't feel like slugging it out in the trenches in the Army...

I held out for the call from the AF recruiter.

He was excited.

Told me that with my scores (98th %tile on everything except perceptual speed) I could do anything I wanted.

Conversation went like this....

"Sounds great. Before I head down, you need to know that I am deaf in one ear, is that a problem?"

"Uhhh.... yes, but with your scores, I think I can do something."

2 hours later the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"I can pull a medical waiver and get you in!"

"Awesome, what will I fly?"

"Uhh... ummm... a desk?"

"No thanks"

"But but buu... <click>

In retrospect, one of the 3 biggest mistakes of my life.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #10

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I knew I didn't have the drive to be a Marine.
I knew that Navy ships are not built for people over 6ft (remember, the Midway was still active in 1980).
Take the Coast Guard seriously in the peak of the Cold War?
I really didn't feel like slugging it out in the trenches in the Army...

I held out for the call from the AF recruiter.

He was excited.

Told me that with my scores (98th %tile on everything except perceptual speed) I could do anything I wanted.

Conversation went like this....

"Sounds great. Before I head down, you need to know that I am deaf in one ear, is that a problem?"

"Uhhh.... yes, but with your scores, I think I can do something."

2 hours later the phone rings.

"Hello?"

"I can pull a medical waiver and get you in!"

"Awesome, what will I fly?"

"Uhh... ummm... a desk?"

"No thanks"

"But but buu... <click>

In retrospect, one of the 3 biggest mistakes of my life.
I can't even remember what I scored, but they were all over me like a 2 dollar whore. I was gung ho. I won't even go into why I did not do it in this thread. But I will say that I have the utmost respect for the Marine Corps, and that I learned more about myself and mental strength in that 10-day teenage program from hell than any other 10 days of my life. And I got a free haircut.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #11

Well I'm pretty excited to see what all I can do in the marines. My birthday is in less than a month so I should be getting the full info soon
Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #12

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I'm pretty excited to see what all I can do in the marines. My birthday is in less than a month so I should be getting the full info soon
Keep us posted. Curious to see what they have to say.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll save you the anxiety....Infantry. Every Marine is a rifleman
Old 12-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #14
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
"Every Marine a rifleman." is a load of BS.

Learn to swim really well, get in good shape, stay smart and drug free so you can go for Recon or Snipers...

All in all

Join the Infantry or live your life as a POG wishing you did.

If not, save yourself the BS of Marine life and join another branch.
Old 12-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #15

I hunt and shoot so the rifleman part is gonna be a blast
Old 12-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #16
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Go Coast Guard!!!

Old 12-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #17
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Learn to swim really well, get in good shape, stay smart and drug free so you can go for Recon or Snipers...
I agree!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Join the Infantry or live your life as a POG wishing you did.
Nope, not here!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #18
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yeah. I'm waiting for the defensive Admin clerk to chime in. lol
Old 12-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #19

So what should I start doing to prepare for the marines?
Old 12-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
JoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoeTacoma02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Veteran
JoeTacoma02's Tacoma Gallery
Lol wasn't admin, comm platoon..to be more specific, radio operator supporting the batallions. No grunt here but just saying I have never wished I joined 03XX. I will say you guys do A LOT of training. Had a few buddies to joined PSD for our deployment and they trained crazy!