LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Spartan Tactical VMP

Old 12-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #1
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 2LT, Infantry (11A)
Name: Hunter
Hunter.V.White's Tacoma Gallery
Spartan Tactical VMP

Hey TW,

I've been looking for a way to better organize some of the equipment that I keep in my truck - medical supplies, emergency kit, road flares, etc. - and I came across this:

Spartan Tactical Vehicle Modular Platform (VMP)

video link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX2G2tfpEZA

Does anyone on here have any experience with this product? It seems legit, but I'd like to hear a bit more about it before I drop $289 plus the pouches.

Thanks!

Hunter
Old 12-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Hunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter.V.White is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just received an email back from them:

"We have a 15% discount for military. That would come out to $246.46 for the standard VMP."

In case anyone is interested.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
sjwhitaker is on a distinguished road

Army: Spec 4 Mafia
Name: Jake
sjwhitaker's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my Jeep I looked at something similar from smittybilt. It was essentially the same thing but alot cheaper. My GM also got seat covers from a company thst had molle on the back, they were pretty nice but way to expensive. I will try to find the name of the company.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #5
NRA Endowment - Member
mwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwc273 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwc273's Tacoma Gallery
That looks badass! In general, you get what you pay for. Before I owned an Eberlestock, I had a hard time believing it was worth $450+. But it is.

Definitely something to draw attention on your next traffic stop or checkpoint!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
stihlfoursix_0 has a spectacular aura aboutstihlfoursix_0 has a spectacular aura about
stihlfoursix_0's Tacoma Gallery
these look legit...true that on the eberlestock! and they're made in my hometown
Old 01-05-2014, 11:46 AM   #7

I just bought my first Eberlestock pack a few weeks ago, so I can agree the quality was worth it. These seat covers do look pretty fun, and would definitely draw attention. Maybe a future mod when I get a little extra cash.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:59 AM   #8
Plannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPlannerman99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Plannerman99's Tacoma Gallery
Interesting. I'm guessing these would interfere with the seat air bags. Thoughts?
Old 01-05-2014, 03:43 PM   #9

I don't think so, but I can't say for sure. These are not a true seat cover; they just attach via straps that fasten around the top and bottom of the seat back (see YouTube video). If I understand correctly, the airbags in the seats deploy around mid-height from the outboard sides of the seat backs. However, I have never seen a seat airbag on a Tacoma deploy before, so I can't be certain.

Hunter