Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

My Son wants to join Air Force I dont think its good idea. Help me out.

Old 01-13-2014, 12:16 PM   #41
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Nothing wrong with it at all. I was in for 12 years and no regrets but just make sure he goes into something he can use when he gets out. I think all kids should do atleast 1-2 years in the military out of high school.
This, I did not go through the military but I have always heard my friends that did always say this. Like my boss who was a lead steam turbine mechanic. Not to many steam engines floating around here in AZ.......
Old 01-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #42
USArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant futureUSArchangels has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: MS3, USN.  FS3, USCG.  60% SC DV
Name: Max
USArchangels's Tacoma Gallery
That, my fine Sir, may be the best decision he will make in his entire life. Please hear him out. Yes, he is still a young whipper-snapper, but I think he's making a fine decision. If he plays his cards right, the military will pay for his education (hopefully while he is still in) and he can retire after a proud 20+ years of service if he enjoys it. A good amount of us on TW are veterans. I'd hope that our advice for your son is seriously considered.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #43
NorthWest Member
J88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ88logue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonnie
J88logue's Tacoma Gallery
People join the service for 4 reasons:

1. Need a Job
2. Patriot
3. Family Tradition
4. Legal way to kill
Old 01-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #44
Jefferdy is on a distinguished road

Army: De Oppresso Liber
Jefferdy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Yeah, I supposed. I should be happy for him, he is great, never being a problem, great grades, never in trouble.
I guess that's the parent thing. Trying to protect from real, and imaginary threats. Plus he is oldest so that's my first time.

Now if my youngest son decided to join, I am going to worry more about army, than about him. That boy is nothing but trouble

BTW big thanks for help. Its good info.
Now in the case My oldest decides to go. Whats the good gift for him ( except pre-paid 1 year Fedex delivery of mom's cooking) ?
If I may...

I get it, he's your kid and God knows parents want the best for their kids, right?! I joined 12/13/93 and am still in (Army, 18D)...here are my thoughts/input, FWIW:

1. SCHOOL: Talk it over with him, but don't force him to stay in school. Too many guys I grad'd HS with went to college and either promptly partied and bombed out OR got bored and lost interest, wondering WTH they were going to major in that will be interesting for the rest of their lives. Another poster mentioned that colleges let damn near ANYBODY in (dinero, anyone?), and as a result the job market is flooded with low-skill/low-experience college grads. He sounds like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. Chances are he'll do well in his chosen career field and come out with a security clearance, experience, and a marketable skill that can only complement a college degree down the road.

2. AF: It's the Air Force. Cyber Security. I'm at KAF right now and I see the day-to-day for "forward deployed" AF, and it's not a horrible life, TRUST ME. Add to which, it's a 3 or 4-month deployment, IF he ever gets deployed...it's all good! And like another poster said, the AF treats their people the BEST--they even get extra money per month if they have to share billeting with any other services or live someplace the AF deems "substandard;" the pay is about $100 extra a month, no joke. Look it up.

3. COLLEGE: Some aspects of flying the coop and being away from Mama will suck, no doubt about it. Leaving home, getting yelled at, told what to do, waking up early, picking up cigarette butts, all of that is no fun. You know what it does, though? REFOCUSES dumbasses who thought that school was for suckers and a total bummer. I'd done so many pushups and road marches and been punished for other peoples idiocy that I had a newfound, lasting appreciation for college and personal freedom! So I went back after I got out of active duty and got my bachelor's degree. The level of maturity, responsibilty, and personal initiative that your son will have at school will put him head and shoulders above the rest of his classmates. To be honest, I sometimes felt like "Billy Madison" when I was sitting in class, as being older and (hopefully) wiser puts a new filter on life and priorities...and my classmates just weren't there yet.

4. GIRLS: You asked, "Now in the case My oldest decides to go. Whats the good gift for him ( except pre-paid 1 year Fedex delivery of mom's cooking) ?" A pallet of condoms and a stern talking-to about not hooking up with/marrying strippers, barracks ho's, or female coworkers with a divorce under their belts already. I know it sounds crass and harsh, but I have seen SOOOO many young servicemembers make the same mistakes over the course of my career I could practically set my watch by the regularity of it. Tell him to keep his eyes open and his wits about him and enjoy the unique camaraderie that exists among those serving in uniform.

5. JOINING: Find someone who has served/is serving, preferably in the same branch (Air Force), to help with the recruiting process. I am certain someone here on TW would be more than willing to lend a hand and help sort through the rigamarole, jargon, paperwork, and physical preparation that lies ahead. The help from that/those person/s will be invaluable and assist in starting your son off on the right foot/career path. I wish I had had someone to help me, but since I didn't my first duty station was FORT DRUM, NEW YORK!

There are certainly worse roads to travel, and your son will likely emerge a better version of himself. This is only my humble opinion, YMMV. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #45
AirForceTacoma08 is on a distinguished road

Air Force: 2 MXS
Name: Adan
AirForceTacoma08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferdy View Post
If I may...

I get it, he's your kid and God knows parents want the best for their kids, right?! I joined 12/13/93 and am still in (Army, 18D)...here are my thoughts/input, FWIW:

1. SCHOOL: Talk it over with him, but don't force him to stay in school. Too many guys I grad'd HS with went to college and either promptly partied and bombed out OR got bored and lost interest, wondering WTH they were going to major in that will be interesting for the rest of their lives. Another poster mentioned that colleges let damn near ANYBODY in (dinero, anyone?), and as a result the job market is flooded with low-skill/low-experience college grads. He sounds like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders. Chances are he'll do well in his chosen career field and come out with a security clearance, experience, and a marketable skill that can only complement a college degree down the road.

2. AF: It's the Air Force. Cyber Security. I'm at KAF right now and I see the day-to-day for "forward deployed" AF, and it's not a horrible life, TRUST ME. Add to which, it's a 3 or 4-month deployment, IF he ever gets deployed...it's all good! And like another poster said, the AF treats their people the BEST--they even get extra money per month if they have to share billeting with any other services or live someplace the AF deems "substandard;" the pay is about $100 extra a month, no joke. Look it up.

3. COLLEGE: Some aspects of flying the coop and being away from Mama will suck, no doubt about it. Leaving home, getting yelled at, told what to do, waking up early, picking up cigarette butts, all of that is no fun. You know what it does, though? REFOCUSES dumbasses who thought that school was for suckers and a total bummer. I'd done so many pushups and road marches and been punished for other peoples idiocy that I had a newfound, lasting appreciation for college and personal freedom! So I went back after I got out of active duty and got my bachelor's degree. The level of maturity, responsibilty, and personal initiative that your son will have at school will put him head and shoulders above the rest of his classmates. To be honest, I sometimes felt like "Billy Madison" when I was sitting in class, as being older and (hopefully) wiser puts a new filter on life and priorities...and my classmates just weren't there yet.

4. GIRLS: You asked, "Now in the case My oldest decides to go. Whats the good gift for him ( except pre-paid 1 year Fedex delivery of mom's cooking) ?" A pallet of condoms and a stern talking-to about not hooking up with/marrying strippers, barracks ho's, or female coworkers with a divorce under their belts already. I know it sounds crass and harsh, but I have seen SOOOO many young servicemembers make the same mistakes over the course of my career I could practically set my watch by the regularity of it. Tell him to keep his eyes open and his wits about him and enjoy the unique camaraderie that exists among those serving in uniform.

5. JOINING: Find someone who has served/is serving, preferably in the same branch (Air Force), to help with the recruiting process. I am certain someone here on TW would be more than willing to lend a hand and help sort through the rigamarole, jargon, paperwork, and physical preparation that lies ahead. The help from that/those person/s will be invaluable and assist in starting your son off on the right foot/career path. I wish I had had someone to help me, but since I didn't my first duty station was FORT DRUM, NEW YORK!

There are certainly worse roads to travel, and your son will likely emerge a better version of himself. This is only my humble opinion, YMMV. GOOD LUCK!!!

im in the air force and i can vouche for what he said! im about to be 22 and joined a year after high school tried college just couldnt pay for it myself and didnt want to put myself in debt doing it. even tho im not in the greatest place nor am i doing the greatest job i still love it and have have fun
Old 01-13-2014, 02:49 PM   #46
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Big thanks for help. I am not sure if I am ready to get my son condoms.
I will definitely let you guys know if he really goes through it but from the ammount of time he spends in the Gym for his physical exam it looks like he has his mind set. I got some great info here. So I am gonna have a chat with him today.
I think its a parenting thing, He is been great help around the house so its hard to let go free labor
Old 01-13-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
Name: Heath
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I do kinda agree there. There is a country (Israel I think) that has ALL kids, male and female, serve around 2 years in the military. Its mandatory.
South Korea as well.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #48
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about it for a bit I have a few thoughts that might also shed some light, and insight.

Assume he goes to college first. Here he might get distracted by girls or life in general. There is no structure because mom and dad are not there standing over him. Let us hope at this point that he DOES stay steady and studies hard. He gets himself a degree in "widget design" Now he is out of school, with this nice degree, but there are also 50k other people who are ALSO looking at getting the same job as him. Sure the unemployment rate is on a decline, but still, it IS challenging to get a job in your career field right out of college with little to no "real-world" experience.

Now let us assume he goes to the military. He gets a GUARANTEED job while he is in (There is no unemployment for military personnel, hahaha) and he has a roof over his head, food in his stomach, and he is learning a skill, that costs him NOTHING, since that will be his job in the military. 4 years down the road his service requirements are up. He can reenlist and continue, or he can get out and go from there. So here he comes, right out of the military, into the job force. His chances now of getting a job are higher because he already has training and real-world experience in the field. Also he has some good DISCIPLINE behind his belt, and would be considered more reliable and mature than someone right out of college. Now he has a better chance of getting said job. AND while he has this he can still go to school for the degree if he chooses.

When you compare these two options, which one sounds the MOST secure for his future?
Old 01-13-2014, 04:26 PM   #49
Cold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shedCold Iron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MMC(SW) USN Ret.
Name: Mike
Cold Iron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Big thanks for help. I am not sure if I am ready to get my son condoms.
I will definitely let you guys know if he really goes through it but from the ammount of time he spends in the Gym for his physical exam it looks like he has his mind set. I got some great info here. So I am gonna have a chat with him today.
I think its a parenting thing, He is been great help around the house so its hard to let go free labor
Your son did good talking to you about it and showed respect. After a year and a half of college I came home and told my parents that I was leaving for Navy boot camp in 2 weeks. First time I came home on leave my father had a huge snow blower on the John Deere, I gave him a hard time about it because I was always shoveling snow and trying to get him to buy one. He smiled and looked at me and said once he lost his "son power" he had to finally get one.

I retired almost as long ago as I was on active duty. Finished several degrees while I was in which meant going without sleep way too often and now make well over 6 figures a year in a low cost of living area working 40-45 hours a week. If that is how you measure success, to me there is more to life than that. But it does help and is due in large part because of my military experience and what it taught me.

Not sure about today but it used to be the AF would do what was called softpad, they would have the kids list 3 jobs they wanted at MEPS. And the school\job could change based on the needs of the AF at the time they graduated boot camp. But I never met someone in the AF that was really totally unhappy with what ever job they ended up with, as mentioned they take care of their people better than any other branch and I don't think that has changed. One of my sisters has 3 sons- 2 went in the AF and 1 in the Army, they all have done well both in the AF have finished their BS degree. I am proud of all 3 of them. and also my sister who raised them right.

Each fall I hunt pheasants in SD with several retired military from all branches including 3 AF pilots. One of them is a graduate from the AF Academy and his son graduated from there also a few years ago. Ross Perot gave a speech and said that when he owned and ran Perot Systems he always hired people with military experience because they understood systems and how the real world worked. Said he could train anyone with military experience complex computer systems but those without it not so much. And I have to agree. I do not work in the same field as what I did in the Navy or what any of my degrees are in. Your son is looking at a field that is in very high demand, we just added 110 IT Security Specialist in the last 6 months. With China trying to break into every enterprise out there using mainframe power and events like the breech at Target he will likely have a great future if he can get experience and certified. I wish him (and you) well and good luck.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #50
Jonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: John
Jonek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks guys, This is very helpful.
From what he told me he wants to go to cyber security. However, I dont know if that is what he wants to do, or he is just saying that to put me at ease.
He wants to serve country, and wants to help out. He insists that afterwards (4 years ) he is going to go back to school and Air Force will pay for his degree (I doubt that.)

Its all fine, but I think if he got career first than joined Air Force, at least he would have something to fall back if his Air Force experiment does not work out. My biggest gripe is that me and my wife sacrificed a lot to get him where he is.
We on purpose moved, and bought tiny home but in great school district just to give kids better start. I passed on a lot of jobs just to stay were we are. Here in my mind he is throwing that life opportunity away, and I hate to be the one to say "I told you so".
I heard about cuts in the army, and I heard about promises made by recruiters that never materialized. I just dont want him to toss sure thing for something that may or may not be good. His biggest claim is that GI bill will pay for his school later. I don't know how much and I heard different stories about GI bill paying for only portion of school.
Also I dont think he is material for an army, I am from ex Eastern Block and army was not picnic so unless you had some balls and tough mindset, you were not surviving well, never mind benefiting.

Please STOP trying to tell him what he should or shouldn't do .... What's best for him is what HE WANTS TO DO .... it's HIS LIFE ... You have yours , you had yours ... Now let him have his . My dad told me to do this or that and I partially listened to him .... 40 years later I regret it and resent it ! I wish I would have gone MY way . My career is a good one and has been tough at times and I don't regret it, but I didn't get to do what. I wanted.
The BIGGEST MISTAKE YOU will ever make is later saying "I told you so "
All those sacrifices you talk about making , although admirable , we're YOUR choices , NOT HIS ... He didn't ask you n your wife to do those things .
You made those sacrifices out of Love ... Now Show him Real Love by supporting him in whatever he decides to do .... Whatever HE DECIDES TO DO ... Support
With Love !

Learn .... To bite your tounge !

I Never regretted serving my country .... And I became a Man much faster than my peers who never served .... Good Move on my part
Old 01-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #51
gainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shedgainman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Radio Man
gainman's Tacoma Gallery
tell him to stop being a nancy boy and join the corps
Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #52
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
tell him to stop being a nancy boy and join the corps
Rah!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #53
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't read the entire thread but if college is not working out it may not be a bad idea, nice that he want to serve his country. On the flip side its hard to argue that college grads don't make more $$ on average. Now if he wants to go in 4 years than go to school on a JI bill its hard to argue that idea.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 PM   #54
timmyedge is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Ammo
Name: Timmy
timmyedge's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to timmyedge
tell him not too. Its pretty shitty how I have a contract with the AF but since I fall in a certain time frame they can void it. FUCK you guys for saying ahh he has bad EPRs or fails his PT test cause that most certainly is not the case. I honestly don't think I will get the boot, but I could is the point.....its not worth the stress they cause...Stick with College, get a degree and then decide if he wants to join or not.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #55
slingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to beholdslingshot5r is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
slingshot5r's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had gone to college.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #56
Pcyc is on a distinguished road
Name: Fritz
Pcyc's Tacoma Gallery
I think its a great idea. College isnt for everyone. Not to mention student loans etc. I am not sure what his situation is as far as paying for school, but the Air Force is a good opportunity.

Now if i were you i would encourage him to get a degree so he starts as an officer. Or join ROTC and get a degree while he earns some money.

Check out a website http://profoundlydisconnected.com/

hope that helps.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 PM   #57
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcyc View Post
I think its a great idea. College isnt for everyone. Not to mention student loans etc. I am not sure what his situation is as far as paying for school, but the Air Force is a good opportunity.

Now if i were you i would encourage him to get a degree so he starts as an officer. Or join ROTC and get a degree while he earns some money.

Check out a website http://profoundlydisconnected.com/

hope that helps.
This. Chamyota is doing the same thing but through the Army. I too tell everyone to go to college then try to get in as an officer but I was in boot camp 4 days after graduating high school so there's that for you. College or military, either way as long as his 5 year plan isn't to leech off mom and dad too much you really can't complain.

In case anyone hasn't touched on it, everyone is over "there" so don't let any recruiter tell you otherwise. Definitely some services more than others but we're all doing it.
Old 01-14-2014, 08:23 AM   #58
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gainman View Post
tell him to stop being a Nancy boy and join the Corps

(Note corrected the quote)
Old 01-14-2014, 10:54 PM   #60
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
I spent more than 20 years in the USAF, and loved almost every moment of it. But you and anyone seeking advice must now deal with the lies. What specific lies am I talking about? When I entered the military in the early 80's, the recruiter (and the recruiting brochures) told me that if I served for 20 years I would be provided FREE medical and dental care for the rest of my life. Well that turned out to be lie number one. Read about this here: http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joini...ecruiter12.htm

Lie number two occurred last week as our government (the one we swear to protect) voted to reduce our military retirement. We were all told that our hard-earned retirement would never be touched. Read about this here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ry-retirement/