Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Any EOD guys on here?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:40 AM   #21
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgknight View Post
I am currently at the school now. I'm in the Air Force so I would be glad to answer some of your questions about the school in general and would be glad to ask some of my Army classmates about the Army side of things. As for the PT, Air Force has a final formation at 1700 and we do some pretty good PT for an hour to an hour and half five days a week. For the Army, they have PT four days a week, but I am not sure the intensity of the workouts. I also have a Marine Sergeant and he had some OJT, it has helped him, but like the post above the school house wants you to do it there way. Most of the time its not the easiest, but they just want to make sure you are able to learn and comprehend the things they are teaching you. The school is pretty tough! Getting up at 0345 and not getting back until around 1900 isn't to much fun. The washing out is the most stressful part on me though, especially with all the cuts going on you never know if you will get another chance. But if you have any questions just let me know and I will do my best to give you a good answer.
-Kendall
Crazy, another guy from Lancaster, SC.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:33 PM   #22
eodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud ofeodrunner has much to be proud of
Navy: EOD
Name: Jerron
eodrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I worked with an EOD unit for about 5 months before I went to EOD school and the best advice they gave me before i left was, forget everything you learned here. The way you do things in school and the way you actually do things are often vastly different. School house is by the book, safest way possible, no matter what. Real world is situation dependent, every time.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
lost is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
lost's Tacoma Gallery
I was EOD at one point in my life.... from 2000-2007. Was a helluva good time. Tech school in FL. was pretty tough but we worked hard and played even harder. There are some very good people out in the field. Hope things work out for you.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:18 AM   #25
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
19 days until I start on job training with the local EOD unit here in Germany. Seems like the closer I get to that day, the longer the days become.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:06 AM   #26
polarbear3187 is on a distinguished road
Army: EOD
Name: Jared
polarbear3187's Tacoma Gallery
As far as OJT goes, take that time to learn ordnance ID. Do not listen to the guys on procedures and stuff. If they get you in to the habit of doing things differently than what the school house wants they will set you back. One of the biggest factors in wash outs at Eglin is people getting in to trouble. It is easy to have too much fun being in Destin. I don't have any advice for Ft. Lee because I went through Redstone a long time ago so I'm sure it's different. If phase 1 is still the same, just take the study habits and learning process from there and forget the rest when you are done. Safeties and stuff seemed to be slightly different from phase 1 to 2. And DON'T ARGUE WITH THE INSTRUCTORS. You will only dig yourself in to a deeper whole if you try and prove them wrong.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
EODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to allEODwick is a name known to all

Air Force: Explosive Ordnance Disposal
Name: Eddie
EODwick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear3187 View Post
As far as OJT goes, take that time to learn ordnance ID. Do not listen to the guys on procedures and stuff. If they get you in to the habit of doing things differently than what the school house wants they will set you back. One of the biggest factors in wash outs at Eglin is people getting in to trouble. It is easy to have too much fun being in Destin. I don't have any advice for Ft. Lee because I went through Redstone a long time ago so I'm sure it's different. If phase 1 is still the same, just take the study habits and learning process from there and forget the rest when you are done. Safeties and stuff seemed to be slightly different from phase 1 to 2. And DON'T ARGUE WITH THE INSTRUCTORS. You will only dig yourself in to a deeper whole if you try and prove them wrong.
Probably some of the best advice I've seen. Went I went through school, 7 years ago, Army had a heads up because of Redstone on Ord ID, since the AF Prelim was only 2 weeks, but since it's changed and is longer it seems the AF does a pretty good job. Being prior service, you will have a better "understanding" of big military and how to relate with the instructors, but just know that they can/will make your life hell if they don't think you deserve to be EOD. While going through school, they had tests that were designed for these kind of people, and they didn't make it through. But seriously, good luck! Hopefully you make it through and we'll see you out in the field, or on a VIP, or training, or whatever...
Old 08-26-2014, 05:31 PM   #28
EODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedEODTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Explosive Ordnanace Disposal
Name: Dave
EODTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODwick View Post
Probably some of the best advice I've seen. Went I went through school, 7 years ago, Army had a heads up because of Redstone on Ord ID, since the AF Prelim was only 2 weeks, but since it's changed and is longer it seems the AF does a pretty good job. Being prior service, you will have a better "understanding" of big military and how to relate with the instructors, but just know that they can/will make your life hell if they don't think you deserve to be EOD. While going through school, they had tests that were designed for these kind of people, and they didn't make it through. But seriously, good luck! Hopefully you make it through and we'll see you out in the field, or on a VIP, or training, or whatever...
Agreed. Now give Morrison a hug for me.