Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Fort Hunter Liggett?

Old 04-09-2014, 10:03 PM   #1
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
Fort Hunter Liggett?

That time of the year again, Annual Training. Company size unit will be supporting our parent infantry battalion unit. Training will last about a month.

Whose been there and trained there before? From what I've heard it's boring as shit, middle of no where, pretty much the boonies haha.

Please tell me it can't be anymore worse then when we went to the Philippines.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:53 PM   #2
Devious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevious6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: COL, USA (Ret.)
Name: Mark
Devious6's Tacoma Gallery
I went there often for training while I was assigned to Fort Ord from 1990-93. Probably not as bad as the Philippines......probably.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
RogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRogueTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
RogueTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I went there in 1999 for some training. Yes it was boring, but I was only there about a week. I remember a super small PX and a tiny bowling alley. They had a decent rec room and library there though. lol
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
mike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant futuremike92y has a brilliant future
Army: SFC,  19 years, 5 to go.
Name: Michael
mike92y's Tacoma Gallery
I am guessing your are to WAREX or CTSX. Small garrison with little PX Nothing has changed much since 2008. You will probably be on a FOB 8J, 2C or Milpitias. you are not going to see much of the garrison. The usually have a PX trailer that goes to the different FOB's. I might see you out there. We are sending Soldiers there to do the cammo and I might make a trip to check on them. Pretty land. Check out the Mission that is on the base if you get a chance.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #5
Do. Or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
adio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shedadio is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 740TH Combat Support Company
adio's Tacoma Gallery
^^ I'm in the Army Reserve so it's our AT(Annual Training) for this year. Not really sure how the unit chose to do the training in that area, I guess we have no choice when your parent company is an Infantry unit. It'll be the whole month of June.

Coming from Hawaii I'm guessing the weather will be a whole lot different then what it is here. From what I heard, hot during the day and cold during the night. There's a first for everything right.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Went camping/hunting there last weekend, definitely in the middle of no where and not much PX/commissary support but I'm sure you'll be fine. There are worse places to be no doubt.