Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Anyone Ever Import a Taco to Australia? (DCSB-Pre)

Old 04-24-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
TacomaPete is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
Name: Pete
TacomaPete's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone Ever Import a Taco to Australia? (DCSB-Pre)

Just looking for tips or advice if anyone has anything. I've been reading up on the regulations and it seems pretty strict.

Little background, I'm thinking about bringing a locker and putting on some decent offroad tires to make it the smallest bit offroad capable while I'm there if I need it. I'll be building a 4x4 while I'm there for my offroading adventures.

One rule is that the tires can't extend outside the edge of the fenders. So, I'm trying to find out how wide I can go without breaking this rule.

Thanks for reading. Any help is appreciated.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
Jiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shedJiveydude is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Medic
Name: Micah
Jiveydude's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say leave the car at home and buy a used Hilux when you get there, that way when you're ready to come back you can import it to the states

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/...sortby=TopDeal

OOOhhh a turbo diesel...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...?Cr=11&sdmvc=1
Old 06-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
doc1911 is on a distinguished road
Army:
doc1911's Tacoma Gallery
I was in Australia earlier this year. Definitely leave the tacoma at home. There are tons of cool trucks down there to include the aforementioned Hilux
Old 06-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
LiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shedLiquidDragon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Electronics Technician
Name: Michael
LiquidDragon's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah but I bet he could get more money for his truck over there which could help fund a nice hilux
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
tensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud oftensecondchevelle has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
tensecondchevelle's Tacoma Gallery
I lived in Australia for 2 years (2010-2012) and from what I heard it is very difficult to bring vehicles from the US over. The only American vehicles you will see over there is old muscle cars, most converted to a right hand drive, and Harley's.

You will rarely see any trucks in Australia (any of the Ford F Series trucks, or larger Chevy Trucks), you will just see Ute's.

Check out the Maloo's, I hated the Maloo when I first go there but it grew on me and I want one now!
http://www.hsv.com.au/Gen-F/see/Maloo-R8/

Where about in Oz are you moving to?

PS: Save yourself the embarrassment and looking like an idiot like I did. Melbourne is pronounced Melbin, and Brisbane is pronounced Brisbin