Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

To Bowe Bergdahl or not to Bergdahl that is the question

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 03:00 AM   #21
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
From what I've read, what is supposed to happen is that they be held in Qatar for at least a year under watch of the Qatar government.

There are statements from Qatar that the 5 prisoners are free to travel within the Persian Gulf Emirate and that U.S. officals are not allowed to monitor them. How much of this is true, I don't know.

There have supposedly been incidents in the past where we have relied on other countries to restrict and keep watch on threats to the U.S. and these threats traveled out of said country multiple times before being caught....

But, I can bet that those Taliban members that met with U.S. special forces during the trade-off are being watched carefully.
I don't know of any other country we could trust with terrorists we set free. Why does our govt. think these countries will help us?

Old 06-04-2014, 03:06 AM   #22
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
I don't know of any other country we could trust with terrorists we set free. Why does our govt. think these countries will help us?
I'd take a guess that since we give so much foreign aid that we expect something in return. Silly us...

http://www.foreignassistance.gov/web/CountryIntro.aspx

Old 06-04-2014, 04:02 AM   #23
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I wonder how closely they are tracking the 5 released prisoners, or if they just cut them loose?
Obama is friends with them on facebook, he'll just watch their status updates

Old 06-04-2014, 05:58 AM   #24
virginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shedvirginiamarine is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Retired SNCO
virginiamarine's Tacoma Gallery
Some very disturbing reports from all sides on this one. We might have been better off leaving him there. I don't care about who to blame (do any of us really know!), but I feel that getting promoted while being a POW is insane. We might as well promote women faster in the military because they're women.....oh wait....we already do that.

Closed Thread