Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

To Bowe Bergdahl or not to Bergdahl that is the question

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #1
I like my chicks in Egyptian silk
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
To Bowe Bergdahl or not to Bergdahl that is the question

Traitor yay or nay...apparently was labeled a deserter

And woah woah woah, wait a sec, when he came home couple days ago wasn't he hairy as an ape?
Check this out at 1:45 mark
http://youtu.be/xK4h_EHzcDU

Old 06-04-2014, 01:09 AM   #3
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
No facts to support whether or not he's a deserter. Just rumors and hearsay so far.... I truly hope he was not just for the sake of the lives lost trying to find him.

Do I agree with the release of prisoners? No. But I can't provide any other way that would have gotten him back faster...

Old 06-04-2014, 01:27 AM   #4
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tuckerhump's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
No facts to support whether or not he's a deserter. Just rumors and hearsay so far.... I truly hope he was not just for the sake of the lives lost trying to find him.

Do I agree with the release of prisoners? No. But I can't provide any other way that would have gotten him back faster...
a 2010 pentagon investigation concluded that he walked away from his post.... sounds like he deserted his unit and country to me. Not to mention multiple fellow soldiers from his unit are speaking out against him.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 AM   #6
cheese'd out of my mind
Tuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shedTuckerhump is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashcomerTexas View Post
Jesus Christ this just gets weirder and weirder
Check this out guys- who the hecks says this? What a strange family
http://twitchy.com/2014/05/31/workin...ather-deleted/
being a taliban supporter must run in the family

Old 06-04-2014, 01:36 AM   #7
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerhump View Post
being a taliban supporter must run in the family
He sure as hell looks like one.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerhump View Post
a 2010 pentagon investigation concluded that he walked away from his post.... sounds like he deserted his unit and country to me. Not to mention multiple fellow soldiers from his unit are speaking out against him.
Interesting... I'll have to look into that more later. Hard to believe anything media says nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashcomerTexas View Post
He sure as hell looks like one.
Wow... Stereotype much?

Old 06-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #9
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know if it's just the company I keep or if everyone in the country seems to be of the same opinion that this piece of shit needs to be courts-martialed for desertion.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:47 AM   #10
cheese'd out of my mind

Quote:
Interesting... I'll have to look into that more later. Hard to believe anything media says nowadays.
Yea you have to take the news articles with a grain of salt but I tend to believe fellow soldiers speaking about him poorly more than I would a newscaster.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:50 AM   #11
cheese'd out of my mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I don't know if it's just the company I keep or if everyone in the country seems to be of the same opinion that this piece of shit needs to be courts-martialed for desertion.
I'd go with the company you keep. Most of america is pretty oblivious, they only care about beiber and miley

Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 AM   #12
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
OAF on fb put this out, apparently by someone in-op
http://www.oafnation.com/guests-piec...t-bowe-bagdahl

Quote:
The intel that we were given at the time consisted of the following:

- Bergdahl D.O.B: March 28, 1986

- Assigned to 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, based at Fort Richardson, Alaska.

- Bergdahl's unit was sent to an outpost called Mest-Malak in Afghanistan to conduct counterinsurgency operations.

- We had all been given copies of his military issued ID card along with his PASS or FAIL security questions.

- His unit had been on a patrol where he had fallen behind during an enemy ambush and captured. (This has been proven FALSE through written and sworn statements from members in his unit, one of them being a man initialed N.B and my unit commander talking directly to Bergdahl’s GFC. There were no patrols on the night that Bergdahl went missing and Bergdahl had stated multiple times his desire and ambition to leave.)
Quote:
Although his unit had been placed on a gag order and told not talk about the incident, after several weeks of failed attempts to rescue Bergdahl and the loss of at least 6 known personnel, the entire story began to unravel.

According to Afghan villagers and elders close to the outpost, Bergdahl had asked where he could find the Taliban. A few children in the area also stated that they saw an American acting funny and wanting water while another local Afghan child had seen Bergdahl walk off the post. According to a few close friends of his and some letters he wrote home, he just wanted to find himself. Bergdahl left behind his weapon and other sensitive items, shipped his personal belongings home to Idaho, only taking some water and his knife.

Bergdhal had simply become disenchanted with Army life and wanted to seek out the Taliban on his own free will. He stated this in his letters home to his family as well as others in his squad and unit.
Quote:
Here is what I know, not from hearsay, but because I was there. Bergdahl became a sympathizer, walked off his post to seek out the Taliban in order to join their ranks, to help and live with them. In exchange for his release, the United States released the following 5 known Taliban; Khairullah Khairkhwa, Mullah Norullah Noori, Mullah Norullah Noori, Abdul Haq Wasiq, Mohammed Nabi who were immediately welcomed back into the Taliban network. The Taliban are currently seeking the release of additional prisoners, but will not state specifics. Now that they have the blue print on how to accomplish this by simply capturing an American soldier and with the troop number drawing down to 9,800+, I can only hope our service men and women keep their heads on a swivel.

Old 06-04-2014, 01:59 AM   #14
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
there's so much speculation and horseshit leaking from this whole thing, it's gonna be interesting to see where this goes

the fact that he got a big promo is even...weirder

Old 06-04-2014, 02:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
the fact that he got a big promo is even...weirder
Now that he isn't a POW he isn't being promoted to Staff Sergeant as far as I know.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #16

I agree that this whole situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense. From his dad practically going nuts and sounds like he was more pleased to free 5 guys than get his own son back through the tradeoff- to the kid leaving and wanting to renounce his citizenship.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:11 AM   #17

Really what it comes down to is that if he's in fact a threat to the U.S. then whatever branches of the government are doing the investigation will find out. Doesn't mean we'll know all the facts.

I'm less worried about whether or not he's a deserter/traitor and more concerned with the 5 prisoners released from Gitmo. Was a show of weakness in my opinion...

Old 06-04-2014, 02:20 AM   #18
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really what it comes down to is that if he's in fact a threat to the U.S. then whatever branches of the government are doing the investigation will find out. Doesn't mean we'll know all the facts.

I'm less worried about whether or not he's a deserter/traitor and more concerned with the 5 prisoners released from Gitmo. Was a show of weakness in my opinion...

Jay Carney when asked if the released terroroists were a threat to America he said "not a significant threat" What the heck does that mean? This administration just continues to baffle anything remotely looking like they have their act together.

Old 06-04-2014, 02:49 AM   #19
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder how closely they are tracking the 5 released prisoners, or if they just cut them loose?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:57 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I wonder how closely they are tracking the 5 released prisoners, or if they just cut them loose?
From what I've read, what is supposed to happen is that they be held in Qatar for at least a year under watch of the Qatar government.

There are statements from Qatar that the 5 prisoners are free to travel within the Persian Gulf Emirate and that U.S. officals are not allowed to monitor them. How much of this is true, I don't know.

There have supposedly been incidents in the past where we have relied on other countries to restrict and keep watch on threats to the U.S. and these threats traveled out of said country multiple times before being caught....

But, I can bet that those Taliban members that met with U.S. special forces during the trade-off are being watched carefully.

Closed Thread