Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Request: Can anyone find info about my Grandpa (WWII Vet)?

Old 06-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #1
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
Request: Can anyone find info about my Grandpa (WWII Vet)?

Long story short: My grandpa was a WWII Army vet and my dad has the flag from his military funeral. We got a shadow-box made and want to put an engraved piece on it with my grandpa's service info on it for Father's day.
Can anyone look up my grandpa and find out exactly what his rank and other stuff was?
PM me if you can look this stuff up. I know his full name, birth year, enlistment years, and entry rank and exit rank (maybe).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #2
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
There is a form you can fill out online to get a copy of his discharge which should have his rank, medals, and ribbons. I'll try to get more info.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #3
FrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the roughFrankNasti is a jewel in the rough

Name: Frank
FrankNasti's Tacoma Gallery
i

Perhaps this can help.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #4
Banned
quantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shedquantum is one of the sharper tools in the shed
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, i don't have all the info they are requesting (SSN) and i can't ask my dad because it'll ruin the surprise. but thanks for the link.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
If you know his outfit you can do a google search on it and can find a lot of info. While out hunting one day I found the tombstone of a confederate soldier out in the middle of the woods. I did a search on his outfit from the info on his tombstone and basically was able to track his service history. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #6
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
what is "outfit"? i know his birthdate, service ID, birthdate/place, enlistment date, and date of death.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
NYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant futureNYNURSE has a brilliant future
Name: Joe
NYNURSE's Tacoma Gallery
You might get lucky by posting any info on when and where he served. This and any other forum you might be a member of. Also, if he had a military funeral, the funeral home may have info in their records. Military info is required to have special services.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #8
Dental Floss Tycoon
Bagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBagman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bagman's Tacoma Gallery
By "outfit" I mean for example: 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit

Within his branch of service, what unit was he assigned to? Once you have that, you can start your search there. Best of luck. PM me if you'd like some help with your search.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 PM   #9
Banned
quantum's Tacoma Gallery
don't know his outfit, i know his name, birthdate and place, military ID and enlistment date