Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Anyone a army helicopter pilot or Warrant officer?

Old 06-11-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
gordi is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
gordi's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone a army helicopter pilot or Warrant officer?

I am looking at the Warrant officer flight program for the army and am wondering if anyone is already a helicopter pilot for the army and or if how they became one. Did you do the WOFT program as a civilian or enlisted and worked ur way there? Any stories or opinions would be great.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
moved to appropriate forum
Old 06-11-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
gordi's Tacoma Gallery
thanks, couldnt think where to put it.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #4
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
Name: Heath
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have a bachelor degree? I have 2 friends that went aviation after finishing an ROTC program and getting degrees. No matter what route you go, becoming a military pilot is one of the hardest paths.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #5
gordi's Tacoma Gallery
yes i have a degree. i have taken all the tests for the warrant officer civ program and have letters of rec. from a chief warrant officer and other important people. Wondering if anyone had done this course to see their exp.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
I am an Army Aviator, however I am a Commissioned Officer so I did not do the Warrant Officer path. With that said, I know many people that did.

If you know, for sure, that you want to be an Army Aviator and that's all you want to do, then do the WOFT program. Don't let the recruiter trick you into enlisting first, and don't go Commissioned Officer. The only way to 100% guarantee Flight School (pending any medical issues) is to get WOFT in your contract right from the recruiter. They will tell you it hardly ever happens anymore, I tell you that is BS. Out of the 8 Active Duty Warrant Officers in my UH-60M class, 7 of them were "street to seat."

Feel free to PM me with anymore questions.