Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Military rates on Tacomas?

Old 07-25-2014, 10:26 PM   #1
JPM OEF x3 MP is on a distinguished road

Army: MP Officer
JPM OEF x3 MP's Tacoma Gallery
Military rates on Tacomas?

Hey, I am new on the site and found it after being told my next new truck was to be a Tacoma. (Happy Wife, happy life). The forum seems great so far with lots of knowledge. Not sure but thinking of a double cab prerunner in either SR5 or TRD Sport packages.

Next I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows of any military rates on the new Tacomas? Currently in the sandbox and nothing offered here just Ford, Chrysler and HD.

Any assistance on this would help. Thank you!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
taco newb
xxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shedxxxotiknightz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Boomer
Name: Titus
xxxotiknightz's Tacoma Gallery
First off, welcome. Second, I dont think Aafes has any deals on tacomas. I know USAA does. I got mine through them. Id suggest trying their car buying tools, otherwise youll just have to go to the dealer and see what they offer.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #3
mdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdcmn7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Chuck
mdcmn7's Tacoma Gallery
Agree with above, check usaa of your a member, though I would reccomend seeing what the dealer can do for you also before you commit

My dealer got $500 less than usaa and I got 1k in rebates for financing through Toyota.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
dmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddmharvey79 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 10th Mountain Infantry Division (li)
Name: Dennis
dmharvey79's Tacoma Gallery
Navy Federal Credit Union offers new auto loans at 1.99% for up to 72 months. I've never found a better rate and I've bought a three new cars over the last two years. As far as the purchase, just use TrueCar and tack on the military rebate if applicable.

Two other tips, stay safe and don't let your wife boss you around too much. (-:
Old 07-27-2014, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxotiknightz View Post
First off, welcome. Second, I dont think Aafes has any deals on tacomas. I know USAA does. I got mine through them. Id suggest trying their car buying tools, otherwise youll just have to go to the dealer and see what they offer.
I checked the usaa car buyer link. Couple grand difference. Good call. Thanks. Will be interesting to see if any 14s still around that I like or if it will be a 15. 15 prices not out yet as far as I can tell
Old 07-27-2014, 06:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmharvey79 View Post
Navy Federal Credit Union offers new auto loans at 1.99% for up to 72 months. I've never found a better rate and I've bought a three new cars over the last two years. As far as the purchase, just use TrueCar and tack on the military rebate if applicable.

Two other tips, stay safe and don't let your wife boss you around too much. (-:
What a great rate! I haven't used a car buying service before but definitely seems like best approach for the Tacoma.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #7
travis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravis.diller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Electronics Technician 2nd Class, Submarine Qualified
Name: Travis
travis.diller's Tacoma Gallery
I got 1.79 through navy fed by just calling them rather than doing it online or in person. USAA offered me like 6. I also talked the dealership into less than any car buying program because then they don't have to pay out anyone. This was for my wife's Subaru. I have a buddy that is a wheeler/dealer and he got 0.00 on a vw. That's ccrazy, but possible if you bargain with the dealership.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:52 AM   #8
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
use the USAA car buying service. It's a very good starting point. Don't tell them that you're military until you've settled on a price. Toyota offers a $500 discount to active and reserve military. Agree on price, then drop it another $500 for the military discount
Old 08-02-2014, 01:24 AM   #9

Good point on getting price before the 500.00 drop.

thanks
Old 08-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #10
Housework can't kill you, but why take a chance?
Doc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc4216 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Doc4216's Tacoma Gallery
I traded my Tacoma in for my '14 FJ and was planning on using usaa at 1.9%. I showed Toyota what usaa was going to do and they beat it. Got a 1.79% through them and they beat the price. Toyota financing will work with you but so will usaa so it's just your preference, I guess.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:21 PM   #11
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc4216 View Post
I traded my Tacoma in for my '14 FJ and was planning on using usaa at 1.9%. I showed Toyota what usaa was going to do and they beat it. Got a 1.79% through them and they beat the price. Toyota financing will work with you but so will usaa so it's just your preference, I guess.
The USAA car buying service just guarantees you a "no higher than" price. You don't have to finance through them to get the price and the dealers will typically go lower than that price anyway. I've never heard of anyone being able to beat Toyota financing though. They will find you the best rates.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 PM   #12
RLTW
kwiklot is on a distinguished road
Army: 5th RTB
kwiklot's Tacoma Gallery
Navy federal beat them by 3 .points 0.99 with navy federal
Old 08-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota was, assume still is, offering true 0% Apr. 36 month loans for good credit - no military background required. I and a friend of mine got it on our last 2 Tacoma's. I dunno if this is just a SC deal or what. My finance went through SETF.com , may try checking the site out.