Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Best hot weather boot

Old 03-02-2015, 06:08 AM   #1
Toyota Veteran
Stubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Warheads On Foreheads
Name: Blake
Stubbs07Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Best hot weather boot

OK so what is the best hot weather boot, I currently wear the Blackhawks! but they get real hot in the summer, Let me know guys! Oh yeah they have to meet ar 670-1
Old 03-03-2015, 05:42 AM   #2
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs07Tacoma View Post
OK so what is the best hot weather boot, I currently wear the Blackhawks! but they get real hot in the summer, Let me know guys! Oh yeah they have to meet ar 670-1
Rocky Vented S2v's or the C6's for garrison only. I tested a pair of the initial light-weight C4Ts Rockys when they first came out @ SHOT Show 2011. They were like sneakers!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:42 AM   #3
Toyota Veteran
Stubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs07Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
what about for non garrison use?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
what about for non garrison use?
S2vs would be fine. I'm used to wearing low cut trail shoes non garrison.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:56 AM   #5
Toyota Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
S2vs would be fine. I'm used to wearing low cut trail shoes non garrison.
Too much mesh for me, I want something that's light but also waterproof that dosnt make my feet sweat too much.. I don't think such a boot exsists and I want to be able to wear them for garrison too
Old 03-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #6

Navy:
They make a goretex version but prepared to roast your feet off! The S2V really aren't mesh - just have vents. Water resistant up to a point, if you hit them with some water repellent they'd be up to the task IMO. Really need two different pairs of boots.
Old 03-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
JPM OEF x3 MP is on a distinguished road

Army:
JPM OEF x3 MP's Tacoma Gallery
My current LPC is a Belleville Mini Mil. Summer weight. Light as can be. 670 compliant.

Run true to size. You probably have had a set of Belleville boots over the past few years.

Love them!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #8
Naveronski is on a distinguished road
Army: Medic
Naveronski's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Danner's:
Rivot 51490 For doing "stuff"
Tachyon 50131 For doing "nothing"

I'd buy either of them again no hesitation.

Btw, Amazon had them cheaper than AAFES/clothing and sales.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:18 AM   #9
Master of Zero Trades
Spurholder is on a distinguished road

Army:
Spurholder's Tacoma Gallery
Belleville 390DES. They did great for me in the 125 degree (+) heat, and held up very well. Kind of weak on ankle support; however, they're so well made that it more than makes up for it.

I think you can still get a price break by ordering from lawboot.com. It's been a while since I've bought direct from Belleville, though.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:21 AM   #10
Master of Zero Trades
Spurholder is on a distinguished road

Army:
Spurholder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Too much mesh for me, I want something that's light but also waterproof that dosnt make my feet sweat too much.. I don't think such a boot exsists and I want to be able to wear them for garrison too
Waterproof boots tend to be a lot warmer than non-lined boots. If you need hot weather boots, forego any Gore-Tex/other stuff.

That's why the Belleville's rock - and they break in within a day or so.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:35 AM   #11
CookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to beholdCookieMonster is a splendid one to behold

Navy:
Name: Wil
CookieMonster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurholder View Post
Waterproof boots tend to be a lot warmer than non-lined boots. If you need hot weather boots, forego any Gore-Tex/other stuff.
This ^^^

If you want breath-ability stay away from waterproof. Rocky, Danner, Belleville and, Bates all make pretty decent hot weather boots but you could also check out Converse, Oakley and, (believe it or not) Nike.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:40 AM   #12
I am the Stig
CrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to beholdCrookSkull is a splendid one to behold

Army:
Name: Matt
CrookSkull's Tacoma Gallery
Belleville 390's are by far best boot out there. Had them for 3 years and multiple deployments during those years and they are still holding up like new! Wear them everyday!
I wore Garmont's NFS and Bifida, also a pair of Rocky SV2s, through Ranger school and those were amazing too.
Ive heard mixed feelings on the new Nike's. But ive always been a fan of Bellevilles.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:47 AM   #13
Get off your horse and drink your milk.
teamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant futureteamamerica has a brilliant future

teamamerica's Tacoma Gallery
the Nike SFB's were the best boots i ever had. they are like wearing tennis shoes. (they were not 670-1 compliant, but now they are)

Now i have belleville's and they are alright. better then stock boots. I had Danner's hot weather boot's once. didn't care for them.