View Poll Results: Which Branch???
US Marine Corps 253 19.33%
US Navy 229 17.49%
US Air Force 352 26.89%
US Army 351 26.81%
US Coast Guard 124 9.47%
Voters: 1309. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacoLI View Post
Air Force
NORAD Cheyenne Mtn.
Prince Sultan AB. Saudi Arabia 98-99 2001
USAF - Schriever AFB, CO. TacoLI, got some good places to go 4-wheeling? I live in Falcon.

Where did you work at PSAB? I was there from just after 9/11 until Feb '02, COMSEC guy. 3rd trip there that time.

24 years this December when I retire. Been there, done that in a dozen or more different operations. Joint operations were definitely the most fun, but had their challenges. Been to more countries that I can remember at the moment.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #22
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenka View Post
Hey, were you at Cherry Point? Looks like you are an AE for AV-8s - if so, I was just up the flight line from you on Prowlers (also an AE). I left at the end of 2005.

Good luck in recruiting school.

Yeah man I came from Cherry Point and I'm a AE for the AV8. Chances are we have seen each other at some point. It's a small Marine Corps.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #23
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
The Marines have Intel. They also have Counter Intel. And I've heard their bonuses are pretty hefty.

Damn i will look into there also. I want to use my arabic skills in the human intel field
Old 05-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #24
schenka has a spectacular aura aboutschenka has a spectacular aura aboutschenka has a spectacular aura about
Marines:
schenka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
Yeah man I came from Cherry Point and I'm a AE for the AV8. Chances are we have seen each other at some point. It's a small Marine Corps.
That it is, it's a wonderful institution. I was in Cherry Pt from 96 to the end of 2005 (except for deployments). Take care!
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
USAF AMMO troop for 11 years. Florida Air National Guard Missile Maintenance since 1994! We just finished our Phase II ORI on Sunday. I'm tired and wore out and can't wait for the grade that they give us.

IYAAYAS!
Old 05-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #27
Kenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenobe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: MSgt
Kenobe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I. F
Y. OU
A. RE
A. MMO
Y. OUR
A. SVAB
S. UCKED

Im just bullshittin. Ordnance is my second favorite shop. Next to Powerline (crew chief)

Can't be as bad as my new 3A0X1. His scores were all in the 20's.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #28
Sometimes I drink water...
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I. F
Y. OU
A. RE
A. MMO
Y. OUR
A. SVAB
S. UCKED

Im just bullshittin. Ordnance is my second favorite shop. Next to Powerline (crew chief)

aaaahahahaha....good shit right there...sorry MM.

3C2 here in the Air Guard. Was active duty from 01-04 and guard from 07-now. deployed to spain before and after the kickoff of iraq and deployed to iraq as a contractor in 06. i'll be TDY to Tampa in june!!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #29
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
So apparently someone doesn't like the fact that I am a Marine and decided to give me negative rep in this post.

Of course he/she didn't leave a name.

You can thank me later for given you the opportunity to express your feelings!
Old 05-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #30
schenka has a spectacular aura aboutschenka has a spectacular aura aboutschenka has a spectacular aura about
Marines:
schenka's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So apparently someone doesn't like the fact that I am a Marine and decided to give me negative rep in this post.

Wow, really? I see nothing in here to merit that.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #31
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

wtf.....thats pretty ghey
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #32
Carolina Alliance

jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schenka View Post
Wow, really? I see nothing in here to merit that.
You won't see it in this post. I got in from this post and see it in my user CP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
wtf.....thats pretty ghey

Agreed.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #33
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Army: (01/2006-07/2009)B 2-44 ADA 101st Airbone Air Assault Division
Name: Zac
Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Y0TA
Im in the Army. Just came back from Iraq and currently in FT Campbell, KY. But I'm out in two weeks. Yippee!! For anyone thinking about joining the service I would say join the Air Force if you can. They take care of you better than any other service from what I've seen. I tried but I partied too much before I decided to join and got in trouble so they said no. Who knows? If I actually did join te AF I might of stayed in.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #34
burnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedburnt_tiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
burnt_tiger's Tacoma Gallery
you must be in 4th brigade then...im 1-327, 1st BCT........errr was, now im in POG hell at BAMC, ft sam houston
Old 05-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #35
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What a douchebag. +Rep comin your way to counter the -.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0TA View Post
Im in the Army. Just came back from Iraq and currently in FT Campbell, KY. But I'm out in two weeks. Yippee!! For anyone thinking about joining the service I would say join the Air Force if you can. They take care of you better than any other service from what I've seen. I tried but I partied too much before I decided to join and got in trouble so they said no. Who knows? If I actually did join te AF I might of stayed in.
Whenever my cousin was deciding what branch he wanted to go into, everyone he talked to said AF for those same reasons.

Personally I want to kick in doors, so AF is pretty limited in that department (TAC-P is the only MOS they have for infantry, right AF guys?)

I think doing SERE would be pretty badass though!

I originally planned on enlisting in the Army and being in the 101st. I know people say Airborne is hell on your knees, is Air Assault also hell?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
What a douchebag. +Rep comin your way to counter the -.

Whenever my cousin was deciding what branch he wanted to go into, everyone he talked to said AF for those same reasons.

Personally I want to kick in doors, so AF is pretty limited in that department (TAC-P is the only MOS they have for infantry, right AF guys?)

I think doing SERE would be pretty badass though!

I originally planned on enlisting in the Army and being in the 101st. I know people say Airborne is hell on your knees, is Air Assault also hell?

i'm just a COMM weenie...so i have no idea about the other AFSC's (MOS), but i do know TAC-P is pretty hardcore...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #37
TW Addict
Y0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to allY0TA is a name known to all

Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
Yea Airborne is bad on knees for sure. I have a bum knee myself and I'm a 5 jump chump. Air Assault isn't bad at all and its pretty fun if you like that kind of stuff. The road marches suck though.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #38
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
USMC - 6173/6113 CH53E Crewchief/Mechanic HMH-464, MCAS New River

Jan 2002 - March 2008

Semper Fi Marines!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #39
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y0TA View Post
Yea Airborne is bad on knees for sure. I have a bum knee myself and I'm a 5 jump chump. Air Assault isn't bad at all and its pretty fun if you like that kind of stuff. The road marches suck though.
Was Air Assault in your contract or were you chosen for it? I've read that you can have Airborne in your contract, but nothing about Air Assault.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #40
TW Addict

Y0TA's Tacoma Gallery
No the 101st will send you more than likely. They did for me. As for the Airborne you're correct. It can be in your contract, but I was lucky enough for a slot when I processed into my unit.