Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Marine corps intellegence

Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Marine corps intellegence

You may have seen my post asking more general questions, but he is my story now.

I want to go into human intelligence utilizing my arabic training. I have spoken with the army, navy and airforce. Air force and navy have better programs but they seem to be more analysis work which is not what I am looking for. I like the army program (not as much money) but I heard from various people that even officers donot get much respect. It is still the best looking program for my goals

However I have not heard back from the marines and am wondering if anyone out there could give me some general information about intellegence with the corps or get me in contact with someone to answer some recruiting questions
Old 05-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
What is the Search Tab for????
Ghost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost96Romeo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 96 Romeos, 1st Infantry Division, 101st MI, Deployed to OIF2
Ghost96Romeo's Tacoma Gallery
Work for a company that contracts out to the military. Best benefits and pay compared to enlisting.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Didnt you make a post about useing dip an its relation to pooping? Im thinking military inteligence my be RIGHT up your alley.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost96Romeo View Post
Work for a company that contracts out to the military. Best benefits and pay compared to enlisting.
I eventually want to work for and intelligence agency (one of the many 3 letter ones) but it is VERY competative so I want to distinguish myself with military training. And since I can do what I want with the military, all the better. I have connections to blackwater, the CIA and a few other similar companies.

I also am willing to forfeit some pay to serve the country. I have always felt a desire to serve, but I want to use my brain instead of another set of boots.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #5
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Didnt you make a post about useing dip an its relation to pooping? Im thinking military inteligence my be RIGHT up your alley.
That is just to hold me over until I am out of college. Plus students will go through GREAT lengths to procrastinate.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
That is just to hold me over until I am out of college. Plus students will go through GREAT lengths to procrastinate.
Gotcha!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #7
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, can anyone out there help?
Old 05-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #8
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Did 22 yrs in the Air Force, lived 7 years on a Marine Base "Camp". Made a lot of friends while stationed with them and the only thing I can say is ... You are considered a ground pounding Marine first and foremost, your career field is secondary. I bet doing intel work while assigned to a MEF/ Marine Expeditionary Force would be in line with what you are looking to do. As far as the money is concerned, you stated that the army make more??? Has to be in enlistment bonuses, we all get the same pay in all branches according to your pay grade.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Bananahands is on a distinguished road
Navy: Air Traffic Controller 2nd Class
Bananahands's Tacoma Gallery
I served 7 years in the Navy and am almost positive the Marine Corps has no intelligence . What I mean is, they are a division of the Navy and as such, utilize Naval intelligence. HTH.

Khris
Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #10
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
To my knowledge, the only branch in the Marines that does any sort of intel is the Marine Recon which is Special Forces. As stated above Marines mostly use intel gathered by the Navy. I'm in the Air Force (spent 5 years in Intel), and I think the the Navy and the Air Force really have the best programs; especially since you said you don't just want to be a pair of boots on the ground. Keep in mind you need a degree to move into one of the 3 letter Intel services if you want to do "intel" jobs. Good luck with your choice.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviestyles View Post
To my knowledge, the only branch in the Marines that does any sort of intel is the Marine Recon which is Special Forces. As stated above Marines mostly use intel gathered by the Navy. I'm in the Air Force (spent 5 years in Intel), and I think the the Navy and the Air Force really have the best programs; especially since you said you don't just want to be a pair of boots on the ground. Keep in mind you need a degree to move into one of the 3 letter Intel services if you want to do "intel" jobs. Good luck with your choice.
Thanks! I know I am finishing my engineering degree as we speak, but I am trying to figure out the options for my future. I was never once told about the navy/marine intel cooperation. Thanks for the info!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #12
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Call up Montel Wiliams... He was a Navy Intel officer, did motivational speeches humping himself as some sort of "Black James Bond" his words, not mine.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #13
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got 27 days left in the air force!
and Im trying to get a job as a military contractor working base supply.
good luck to you
Old 05-12-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Steve
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks! I know I am finishing my engineering degree as we speak, but I am trying to figure out the options for my future. I was never once told about the navy/marine intel cooperation. Thanks for the info!
Other food for thought, if you want to do an intel job for the 3 letter branches, you need to get a degree specific to something Intel related. You mention getting your engineering degree. If you want to be a crypto analyst, you need to focus on math. If you want to be a spy, getting a degree in something like in the realm poly sci is the way to go. If you want to be a cyber spy, obviously a computer science degree is the way to go, and then there's the James Bond Field Op guy, which is normally reserved for someone who has a degree in linguist related, or world studies and has spent time in Special Ops.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #15
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Other food for thought, if you want to do an intel job for the 3 letter branches, you need to get a degree specific to something Intel related. You mention getting your engineering degree. If you want to be a crypto analyst, you need to focus on math. If you want to be a spy, getting a degree in something like in the realm poly sci is the way to go. If you want to be a cyber spy, obviously a computer science degree is the way to go, and then there's the James Bond Field Op guy, which is normally reserved for someone who has a degree in linguist related, or world studies and has spent time in Special Ops.

I am getting a degree in engineering, however I do not want to apply it directly to my career. I am also minoring in arabic and ideally want to work in human intelligence. Yes I want to be a more realistic version of james bond haha. I am studying abroad in egypt next summer to become fluent in the classic and coloquial egyptian dialects
Old 09-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #16
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

FYI... Recon isn't the ONLY element that "gathers" in the Marines. Marines do not just use Navy INT either... And you don't NEED a degree to work at the three letter agencies. Trust me, I don't have one.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #17
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I am getting a degree in engineering, however I do not want to apply it directly to my career. I am also minoring in arabic and ideally want to work in human intelligence. Yes I want to be a more realistic version of james bond haha. I am studying abroad in egypt next summer to become fluent in the classic and coloquial egyptian dialects

Engineering would be a good option if you want to study terrain/structures or be an analyst of some sort. FYI.

P.S. What kind of engineering?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananahands View Post
I served 7 years in the Navy and am almost positive the Marine Corps has no intelligence . What I mean is, they are a division of the Navy and as such, utilize Naval intelligence. HTH.

Khris
Nice save.........
Quote:
As Marines fall under the Department of the Squids, where ever you find The Navy you will find Marines. Marines do not have their own MedCorp either. All of the combat medics are squids.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
"Mark It Zero"

Marine Corps '02' MOS Codes:

0200 Basic Intelligence Marine
0201 Basic Intelligence Officer
0202 Intelligence Officer
0205 Tactical Intelligence Officer
0210 Counterintelligence Officer
0211 Counterintelligence Specialist
0231 Intelligence Specialist
0239 Intelligence Assistant
0240 Imagery Interpretation Officer
0241 Imagery Interpretation Specialist
0250 Interrogation-Translation Officer
0251 Interrogation/Translation Specialist
0260 Geographic Intelligence Officer
0261 Geographic Intelligence Specialist
0291 Intelligence Chief
0292 Counterintelligence Chief
0293 Imagery Interpretation Chief
0294 Translator Chief

FYI: For some MOSs, like the 0210,0211 - you have to have served for 4 years first under another MOS, be selected, be over 21, and pass certain interviews....I was an 0261, but now I am a civilian 0210.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
"Mark It Zero"

And then there are these... You might be interested in 2671...You'll still have to go to school in Monterey, CA to get that MOS though. VERY tough school and you'll have to pass a Language proficency exam at MEPS. Tough exam... they teach you a made up language and then you take a test on listening, reading, etc.

2600 Basic Signals Intelligence/Ground Electronic Warfare Operator
2601 Basic Signals Intelligence/Electronic Warfare Officer
2621 Manual Morse Intercept Operator
2622 Radio Direction Finder Operator
2629 Signals Intelligence Analyst
2631 Non-Morse Electronic Intelligence (ELINT) Intercept Operator/Analyst
2632 Non-Communications Intercept Operator/An
2639 Non-Morse Communications/Electronic Intelligence
2641 Voice Intercept Operator
2642 Cryptologic Translator/Transcriber
2643 Cryptologic Translator
2649 Cryptanalyst