Notices

might be joining the marines

Old 08-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #61
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
i say try college first, then marines. thats just me but if you do decide to I commend you as that is a very tough choice to make. Just think about it for a month or more before you pull the trigger.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #62
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'm currently in the process of getting my pilot's license before I go into the military. When I finish and rack up quite a bit of flight hours, I'm going to go to college before I join the forces. I'm going in as an Officer in the Air Force. I'm going to apply for flight school, so I'll already have flight time under my belt. My dream would be to fly an F-18, but I'm shooting for the A-10 Warthog's.
i dont think the AF has f-18's do they? i think they're all under navy/mc
Old 09-03-2009, 03:02 PM   #64
controlled pair?
375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold375taco is a splendid one to behold

Army:
375taco's Tacoma Gallery
i think it depends on what you want to do...that will tell you where you want to go any branch is a good choice because your not sitting on your butt doing nothing and it is honarable to serve in the military but what skill set do you want to get out of it and what do u want to do while youre in?
Old 09-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #65
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
what do u want to do that AF intel doesnt? i worked network support in an intel facility at shaw afb and they had a TON of folks in all sorts of positions there

The AF does not have a humint side. They usually deal in the tech. side of it.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #66
Johnny72381 has a spectacular aura aboutJohnny72381 has a spectacular aura about

Marines: Iraq X2
Name: Brad
Johnny72381's Tacoma Gallery
It changed my life for the good. If I didnt join the Corps I would be able to afford my TACO right? Just kidding I love and if I could go back and do it again I would.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:15 PM   #67
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
I started off in the Marines and I tell everyone that it was a great place to start...I learned a lot and I think it has helped me make it to where I am now.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM   #68
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Any branch of the service is great. I think this country should have a mandatory service commitment of at least 2 years. The only thing I really suggest is that you look carefuly at all your choices. Pick a branch that offer you the best deal for your commitment. Please pick a good MOS. Dont be a door gunner because its cool. Dont be a trigger puller for the glory. Pick something you can use in the real world. Not much need for a good artillery man on the outside. But hey, whatever you do, the experience will be good for you. Hoorah little devil pup!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #69
Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!
NraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shedNraFan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
NraFan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
I'm currently in the process of getting my pilot's license before I go into the military. When I finish and rack up quite a bit of flight hours, I'm going to go to college before I join the forces. I'm going in as an Officer in the Air Force. I'm going to apply for flight school, so I'll already have flight time under my belt. My dream would be to fly an F-18, but I'm shooting for the A-10 Warthog's.
F-18 is not available in the Air Force. Make sure your vision is 20/20, and you CANNOT be color blind. Make sure you check everything out before you commit. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.