Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Army ACAP

Old 07-07-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Army ACAP

I'm here at FT Meade MD. getting ready to start my first ACAP (Retirement) briefing.

Any Army guys out there that has already been through the process that can tell me the in's and out's about the program and what to take advantage of.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
ACAP'ing sucks... however, the resume & interviewing class provided to be quite useful to me -- I still have the guide they give you and have used it since I left in 2004.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 AM   #3
Deckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really nice

Navy: Senior Chief Petty Officer ret
Name: Jerry
Deckplate's Tacoma Gallery
Get your VA claim turned in early. Claim everything!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #4
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckplate View Post
That's what I'm trying to do. I have all of my medical records together and will take my physical in Sep. I plan on claiming everything, the problem is that I just don't have a lot wrong with me. I think I may be able to hit 30% though. I understand that the lowest number to shoot for.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
Deckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really niceDeckplate is just really nice

Navy: Senior Chief Petty Officer ret
Name: Jerry
Deckplate's Tacoma Gallery
Get a hold of a DAV rep they have people who will help with your claim. I am at 20% which is better than nothing. Even if they find you 0% it is still considerd a disability and you are entitled to free treatmant for that condition. Good luck out in the world.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #6
Notty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud ofNotty has much to be proud of

Army: 100% Disabled
Notty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckplate View Post
I cannot stress this enough. Get the claim started prior to separating. I had the VA rep that gave the briefing during ACAP help me with mine, and 3 weeks after separating from the Army had my 100% rating back from the VA and received my first check the next month!! Other guys I ACAP'd with are still fighting the VA, and we ACAP'd in '05!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:26 PM   #7
devilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nicedevilsalmostfree is just really nice

Army: 82D Airborne Div., Infantry Mortar Man, Paratrooper!
Name: Carl
devilsalmostfree's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to devilsalmostfree
i was only able to attend 1 ACAP session. got back from iraq, & had to start clearing. listen to what they say!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Army: SSG
qballenko's Tacoma Gallery
I was going to say something about the PSTD study but you are retiring so you already will receive the medical. But just in case there is someone who is getting out soon that reads this.

My brother said he enrolled in a PTSD study program through the VA when he got out earlier this year. He said the VA covers people for 5 years through medical if they enroll in the program. Has to go to study groups on the affects of PTSD every once in a while. Not sure exactly what it all entails.

He kept all his paperwork and is getting 30% even though he had no permenant profiles when he got out.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:01 PM   #9

I want to thank everyone that replied with advice. I appreciate it.

One more question. When should you take your retirement physical? As soon as you can or should you wait until you get closer to separation?

My separation date is Dec 30th
Old 07-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
qballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to beholdqballenko is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post
I want to thank everyone that replied with advice. I appreciate it.

One more question. When should you take your retirement physical? As soon as you can or should you wait until you get closer to separation?

My separation date is Dec 30th
I believe its within 90 days out. My NCOIC is retiring and he took his too soon, and was told by the VA he had to retake it.

I will ask him tomorrow because as it happens he was up at the VA in Tucson all day, so I can get back to you with a for sure answer.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
My NCOIC said from 6 to 4 months out. He said retirement services told him 4 months out.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #12

Good deal. Thanks