Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Joining the Military

Old 08-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Joining the Military

Hey guys, I am considering joining the military. Preferred Army or Navy. If you guys have any advice, comments, tips, etc...that you are willing to share with me that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get a stamp that says Property of the US Government.

I know I am going to get flamed. lol

Seriously, people in the service commend the highest respect. Espeically these days where it isn't a free check anymore. Great place to get an education these days. I always thought flying the a-10 would be cool.

Best of luck to ya and thanks for everyone who is serving.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Props to you for considering wither brach!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks guys appreciate it!
Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM   #6
Krusey1011 is on a distinguished road

Marines: Ordnance
Name: Kyle
Krusey1011's Tacoma Gallery
Yo, Join the AF! You don't do hardly anything and You have the nicest stuff and any little thing you do that the Marines always do. You get paid bank for. The AF would be easy breazy and you still get the money for college. I think the new GI bill is up to 90 something thousand now. Ballin!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Get contract specifics in writing (duty station, MOS, ACF, etc.) if you join the Army.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Real men join the Marine Corps jk..... out of your two choices your best bet would be the navy IMO
Old 08-20-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwood_usmc View Post
out of your two choices your best bet would be the navy IMO
X2.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
You will be able to learn more of a trade being a sailor.... i would look into the seabee's....
Old 08-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Congrads on ur decision
Old 08-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Hey guys, I am considering joining the military. Preferred Army or Navy. If you guys have any advice, comments, tips, etc...that you are willing to share with me that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
just dont go buy a 1995 camaro and put 20" rims on it please....
other than that!i say go navy if i had to choos i would do that
Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Real men join the Marine Corps jk..... out of your two choices your best bet would be the navy IMO
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
X2.
any particular reason?

Quote:
You will be able to learn more of a trade being a sailor....
How do you figure?
Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #14
Jace has a spectacular aura aboutJace has a spectacular aura about

Army: B BTRY 3/112th FA 50thBCT
Jace's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Jace
Take your time

My suggestion is to sign up for what you want, whether it be in any of the Armed Services.

Ultimately the recruiters are salesmen and have to meet their forecasts, quotas, whatever you want to call them. You aren't going to be working for the recruiters, so if you don't like what is put in front of you, keep it moving straight out the door.

I love the service, its hard to explain till your inside but, the Army is great. I have experienced the peace time side of the military and the conflict side, I signed up in 1998. Both were and still are good times.

Do what makes you happy and have no regrets about it. Best advice to give.

Good luck.

Jace
Old 08-20-2009, 01:23 PM   #15
chrisrothrock2000 is on a distinguished road

chrisrothrock2000's Tacoma Gallery
Join the Army National Guard.... they pay for your school.... 2 weeks a year ... 1 weekend a month + serve in your hometown or abroad
Old 08-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #16
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Take your time, keep asking questions like you are doing and do not sign anything until you are absolutely ready & even then sleep on it.
Its a big decision but is so worth it.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
tacosinner is on a distinguished road

tacosinner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to tacosinner
air force! they house u better , feed you better , kick back jobs, same pay and theres nothing better than to fly an possibly get in with nasa. also i hear the army you can move up rank quickly and well thats where money stacks. also pick a job thats gonna help u out after serving ur time. ive met so many ppl and well they end up just with crappy jobs afterwars in the real world. i mean its not bad but when u go that extra mile aim for a kickass job. my choice work on the fighter jets and then do all the mechaincs and test em out on a tacoma .
Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM   #18
Banned
Munky is on a distinguished road
Navy: Active 2002 - present
Name: Beau
Munky's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Munky Send a message via Yahoo to Munky
so since nobody else has said this. I will give you as much info you would like about the Navy as i can. Im not a recruiter so dont think that im trying to sway you my way. but to fully help you with this or give you my .02 on it i would need to know what kind of stuff your into and what you would want to do, if you know
Old 08-20-2009, 01:59 PM   #19
Screw your MPG's

Thanks everyone I really appreciate it. I just got back with an Army recruiter and if I was to compare the Army recruiter and Navy recruiter I would say Army because there was no pressure from that end, and it seems like a lot more jobs would be more available, and a lot sooner. I would only be doing the reserves since I would like to focus on my education some more as well. If I could get a job it definitely will be one that is good both in and out of the service. I understand asking this is going to give me mixed reviews but anything now is good for me. I'm still thinking about it all and I greatly appreciate any information that you guys have given me.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:01 PM   #20
Screw your MPG's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
so since nobody else has said this. I will give you as much info you would like about the Navy as i can. Im not a recruiter so dont think that im trying to sway you my way. but to fully help you with this or give you my .02 on it i would need to know what kind of stuff your into and what you would want to do, if you know
I want to do some sort of engineering not 100% sure exactly what. I'm a hands on kinda guy so something of that nature. I'm definitely interested in any sort of mechanic work. A major reason why I want to enlist is to greatly if not completely help with my education because I do not have much help either way. It seems like a great way to get my life going, and I can only do what I can to serve back while I get all these rewards. Hope that helps and thanks a lot.