Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Unmanned Systems Demo

Old 08-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Unmanned Systems Demo

So I recently participated in an Unmanned Systems Demonstration a couple weeks ago for industry members and military. Below are a couple group shots of the unmanned aircraft and ground vehicles that conducted a participative scenario for the demonstration. It was a great day that really showcased everybody's capabilities.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
I think I found another pic:

j/k

Is there any video of them in flight?
Old 08-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I had job like yours.

Is that a Toyota I see in the background?
Old 08-27-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
I think I found another pic:

j/k

Is there any video of them in flight?

Not from the demo, but a good industry video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa4ezSJs59A
Old 08-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC4333 View Post
I wish I had job like yours.

Is that a Toyota I see in the background?
It's actually an early 90s Nissan Hardbody that was turned into an unmanned truck. Note the .50 cal mounted in the bed...
Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #6
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
that was noted and sschweeeet
Old 08-30-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
The chopper one looks like the RQ-8, better known as the Firescout, though i have only seen them in orange or grey, never a white one. Oh yeah, is that tin can looking one made by BAE? I have seen something very similar to it, made out of Ontario Ca.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:58 AM   #8
Mayor of TW

You're correct... It's a RQ-8B Firescout... in "Grumman" colors (White & Blue) for trade shows.. the tin can (I'm assuming you mean the flying trashcan) is made by Aurora (www.aurora.aero) and is called the Goldeneye 80.

Seems that you have some experience in the field...?
Old 08-31-2009, 05:54 AM   #9
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah a lil, but mainly the larger UAV's, much larger, LOL.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #10
Mayor of TW

So either GA with the RQ-1/MQ-9 or NG with the RQ-4...

See if you can find it... I work for the company that makes the XMQ-19A...