Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Sister @ MEPS.. Problems

Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
Sister @ MEPS.. Problems

My Sister is at MEPS in Dallas right now.. and even though I told her to call me before she did anything.. if she was having issues she apparently did everything then called me to complain.

So apparently they are telling her that:

- Her ASVAB Score is To High, and she is overqualified to request a few of the jobs she wanted.

- That they wont let her sign up for 6 years, and that she has to sign up for 4 year or Not be allowed into the DEP program

- They said even though she has 30+ college credits that she wont be given any Stripes for them and will have to start as an E-1

I am F**KING PISSED right now.. at the MEPS people and at her for not calling me
Old 09-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
sounds like a bunch of bullshit
Old 09-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
- That they wont let her sign up for 6 years, and that she has to sign up for 4 year or Not be allowed into the DEP program

- They said even though she has 30+ college credits that she wont be given any Stripes for them and will have to start as an E-1
Aren't these things that should've been included in the initial contract with the recruiter?
Old 09-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Im in NC she is in TX.. i dont know what was on her original contract.. but apparently before they would let her talk to them about jobs they made her swear in and now telling her that even though she scored in the High 80s on her ASVAB.. her score is too high for the jobs she wants and she cant sign up for 6 years..

Im just pised that she didnt call me so i could yell at the MEPS people
Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #6
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
thats lame i had a 47 ASVAB score and they put on the F-22..

But I had 72 college credit so they gave me E-3.

I would have her try to go to a different MEPS.. or have her talk to her recuiter.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Sticks For Troops

Well I dont know what the fuck she is doing right now.. or If she is technically in the AF right now or not.. Im trying to figure out why they told her she cant pick the 8 jobs she wants bc her Score was too high and why she cant sign up for 6 years so she can come out of tech school as a A1C
Old 09-01-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurley View Post
The 'over-qualified' thing I think is BS.
That's what they told my dad when he went in the Air Force many moons ago. They stuck him in an engineering test lab. He wanted to be a cook.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
SMSgt / 2W091
El Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: IYAAYAS
Name: Beelzebub
El Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's a bunch of crap. I have a buddy that scored in the 90s on the ASVAB, he was gonna be a pilot but due to certain medical conditions, he wasn't allowed to pursue pilot training. Instead he went and became a sheet metal troop. I say tell her to wait. No matter what MEPS says she can wait. Have her talk to somebody else. I bet she can get this fixed in no time.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
SMSgt / 2W091
El Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Diablo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: IYAAYAS
Name: Beelzebub
El Diablo's Tacoma Gallery
What 8 jobs does she want?
Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #11
grant is on a distinguished road
Marines:
grant's Tacoma Gallery
here's the thing man, to begin with this is her first learning experience that while in/dealing with the military..even if you rate something (a job, 6 year contract, food, bed...) it doesn't always mean that you are going to get it. she has to fight for what she wants because in my opinion the military doesn't care about what she wants. if they can find a way to put her where they need her then they will. and another thing that she needs to take into consideration at this time, the military needs her alot more than she needs the military. does that make sense? the ball is in her hands as they say. good luck
Old 09-01-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
Sticks For Troops

I dont know if she signed a contract but they had her do the right hand swear in thing before they even let her talk to a Job Person.

This Used Car salesman technique is pissing me off..

So right now they told her that she can't do the following jobs

Comptroller - (They are washing out the AFSC, contracting out the career field)
Paralegal - This job is not available out of Basic and is only open as a Special Duty
Radio /TV Brodcast ( Her recruiter failed to have her to a Pre-requisit to apply for this job)
Personal relations (Currently No Openings available between now and Oct, they denied her to even put it on her list)

Also I just found out her Recruiter is PCSing out of Recruiter status and back to the Real AF, and basicly pushed all of her shit off to the side and didnt submit her college/HS transcripts and basicly put her on the back burner bc he is done being a recruiter in the next couple weeks.

Her new Recruiter said he will do his best to resolve the issues resubmit her Transcripts and get her a new DEP contract and work on the issue about signing up for 6 years and pickig the jobs she wants.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #13
Go with the flow
Hologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the roughHologram is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Hologram's Tacoma Gallery
meps seems like they always screw people up man.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #14
Sticks For Troops

The 9 jobs she is sitting on currently

1c331
6c031
1n031
3n031
1w031
c1131
1n131
1n631
-9tg64- (meps told her she had to put a general job slot)
Old 09-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #15

Quote:
1n031
I've always thought any intel job would be interesting. That, or being anything related to 3P0X1.

Good luck to her!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
if she gets the credits in, there will be no ned for the 6 year enlistment to get the E-3...make sure she knows that.

side note, they are converging 2E, 3A, and 3C into 3D, so that'll be my new AFSC come november
Old 09-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
Sticks For Troops

again i am pissed that new recruits get treated like avg joes at a used car dealership.

I sent her a new list of Jobs she needs to change when her recruiter fixes the old recruiters issues.

1C3X1 (Command Post)
3N0X1 (Public Affairs)
3N0X2 (Radio&TV Brodcast)
1W0X1 (Weather)
3S0X1 (Personal...MPF)
1N0X1 (Intelligence Applications)
5J0X1 (Paralegal)
1N1X1 (Image Analysist)
Old 09-01-2009, 04:59 PM   #18
Sticks For Troops

Shit i cant believe they tried to get her to do Air Traffic Controller.. and Told her its an amazing job.. that shit is crazy hard Tech school and a stressful ass job at a busy base
Old 09-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #19
Sticks For Troops

I am really thinking about emailing my sisters (former) recruiter and finding out why he thought he would just say fuck it when it came to doing his job...

SSgt Patrick Bradshaw.. his name is anyone is curious
Old 09-01-2009, 05:50 PM   #20
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Her new Recruiter said he will do his best to resolve the issues resubmit her Transcripts and get her a new DEP contract and work on the issue about signing up for 6 years and pickig the jobs she wants.

Just have her wait.. Have her tell her recruiter now so stop whatever she did today!! and just have her wait for the recruiter..

Meps doesnt really screw people over.. I had to do it 3 times.. The first time I had to get destroyed medical records from a dead doctor.. The second time was bed ASVAB score and the third time I made it..