Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Show Us What You Work On in the Military

Old 04-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #341
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Senior Airman
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmo View Post
maintenance. I've had to fly on her a few times and i believe i would not be able to handle being aircrew on an e-3 no matter how cold it is out on the flightline!
washed up flight engineer on the E-3 here.... why dont you goin in on the OKC thread? we had a meet down at meers a couple months ago!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:36 AM   #342
Ace of Spades
Alderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlderleet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: OPSEC
Name: Nick
Alderleet's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of this:

Sometimes this:

and once in a blue moon:

Old 05-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #343
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
F-22 dont have sidewinders.. that would be a training AIM-9

F-22 crew chief.. im here for 11 more months..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimonback View Post
I've been under the impression that a Sidewinder missile is designated AIM9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
AIM-9 is the Sidewinder. However I believe the F-22 carries the AIM-9X version which is thrust vectored instead of using "rollerons" for control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
I know it doesnt hold the AIM-9X. the helmet for the AIM-9X is to big for the F-22 Cockpit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudpedal View Post
hmmm. interesting. When I was on the AIM-9X program, I was under the impression it was designed specifically for the next gen fighter. At the time the YF-22 and YF-23 were still in competition. Maybe it was just bad dope. Or maybe I dreamed it? Oh well. thanks for the clarification.
I was going to answer all of these but looks like diablo beat me to it. I was an ammo troop for 4 years and delivered (and sometimes loaded) all the aircraft munitions for F15's, 16's, and 22's while I was at Langley and Kunsan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
There is an Improvment program that will allow AIM-9X for the F-22.

F-22 carries the AIM-9M right now but that will change.

AIM-9X and AIM-9M are in the same family but it uses a modified Mk 36 Rocket Motor and an Imaging Infared seeker. 9X also has an added Midbody connection like the AIM-120.

That is a Captive AIM-9M. Inert rocket motor and warhead but a Tactical Guidance Unit.

The inert missiles will have a blue band around them designating that it is a training/inert missile. They will fly with these on a day to day basis for training uses. The seeker will be active so that the pilots can train on "locking on" to the other aircraft.

live warheads will have a yellow band around them and live rocket motors will have an orange band around them.

Just for Jeewiz info about the AIM-9. Quick summary not all inclusive.
AIM-9 was developed by the Navy in 1949(?). Basically using 5 inch stovepipe and as much electronics as a transistor radio. As great as it was it had alot of limitations. It could be fooled by the sun, the moon, reflections on lakes. AIM-9B was the first major version. AIM-9E was first version made for the Air Force. the J/N/P were all modifications to the E. The Navy had the G/H versions. The L was a Dual service model designed for head on engagments. The M had improved Counter-Counter Measures. The L/M uses a TMU-72 Argon bottle to cool the seeker when searching for targets while carried by the launch aircraft. Navy L/Ms use a cylinder on Nitrogen in the pylon of the aircraft. Then comes the 9X. A fifth generation Air to Air missile that with it's thrust vectoring can by fired over the shoulder of the Aircraft. If the pilot can see the target then he can shoot it.
BTW, nothing classified here. All this can be found on the internet.

I spent many hours refilling argon bottles for the AIM9's... slow and boring process
The AIM9X was suppose to be run on the F22 but there was a design fail and like said above the helmet would not fit. This was back in 05 and 06 when I was dealing with them and we were told that the missile wouldnt fit... who knows....rummors in the mil spread fast and false

If you ever see a trailer full of missiles or bombs sitting on the parking ramp that was put there from an AMMO troop
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #344
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
AMT 3 on H60t Airsta Kodiak

Old 05-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #345
AMS1(AW), USN retired
Twizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud ofTwizter68 has much to be proud of
Navy: Retired AMS1(AW)
Name: Bill
Twizter68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamaKid View Post
I spy a sexy P-3 in there
Ain't nothing sexy about a damn P-3.

To clarify: I have worked on P-3B,C, and EP-3E/J models...know way too damn much about that overaged hunk of shit to like them!

Give me two 'burners, a shitload of bombs and missiles, and a clear field of fire anytime!

Also worked on:
EA-6A (Yes, the "A" model!)
ERA-3D (WHALES 4EVER!)
EA-7L
F/A-18A-D (most of my career)

with spot work done on:
F-16C
C-130
MIG-21 (Cuban pilot defected while I was stationed in Key Wierd; we "hosted" the bird until the Cubans came and got it...got to help rip the firing pin out of the cannon!)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #346
Eldowr will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Desk Sgt
Name: Donavon
Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery

I find bad guys with this guy.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #347
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldowr View Post

I find bad guys with this guy.
Nice! Same here, just a slightly different aircraft haha
Old 08-26-2013, 11:38 PM   #348
Eldowr will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Desk Sgt
Name: Donavon
Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Nice! Same here, just a slightly different aircraft haha
Well, I work with that one as well lol. All the imagery birds really. I'm the guy you hate to work with most the time..
Old 08-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #349
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldowr View Post
Well, I work with that one as well lol. All the imagery birds really. I'm the guy you hate to work with most the time..
Oh... Haha
Old 08-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #350
saltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaltus25 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Graydon
saltus25's Tacoma Gallery
Alco 16 and 18 cyl medium speed diesels.
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us What You Work On in the Military-image.jpg  
Old 09-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #351
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
I drive these.....
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us What You Work On in the Military-img_0744.jpg   Show Us What You Work On in the Military-aov.jpg  
Old 09-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #352
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCCBEE View Post
I drive these.....
RIVRON?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 AM   #353
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
RIVRON?
No
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #355
So Cal Edition
Navy:
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
SWCC?
Yup
Old 09-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #356
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery

With the ability to shoot 600 30mm rounds a minute and SDB on the wings.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #357
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #358
shotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to beholdshotgunshooter3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: DUSTOFF
shotgunshooter3's Tacoma Gallery
I fly these. Show Us What You Work On in the Military-imageuploadedbytapatalk1384108823.268526.jpg
Old 11-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #359
CrewDawg is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Crew Chief
CrewDawg's Tacoma Gallery
BAAAAAAA!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Show Us What You Work On in the Military-xd4u5971-13x19a.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #360
mrad is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: aviation maintenance tech
Name: michael
mrad's Tacoma Gallery