Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Show Us What You Work On in the Military

Old 09-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #41
Rock Solid Toy
SilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedSilverSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordon
SilverSeven's Tacoma Gallery
wow you guys have some cool ass jobs... if i was in the military i would be a grunt... too stupid for all this mechanical stuff
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #42
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
i thought the helicopter i worked on (CH53E) was big until i had to load two of them into a C-5. they JUST fit, i mean inches, and thats after we tear them halfway down and stuff em inside.
Yeah, I've hit that black speaker/siren?? box on the ceiling a few times while loading the MH-53J.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #43
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
wow you guys have some cool ass jobs... if i was in the military i would be a grunt... too stupid for all this mechanical stuff
Dude, it takes courage to want to be an Infantry men, and it takes brains to be a good leader at it, and to get your men to follow you willingly. I give mad props to those guys, and would not consider many of them to be too stupid to work mechanical jobs. Sorry if i came off harsh, but i totally respect those dudes.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #44
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
What I'm working with for the next couple of years:

Before that:

Old 09-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #45
O.G.
JAK3 is a jewel in the roughJAK3 is a jewel in the roughJAK3 is a jewel in the rough

Name: JAKE
JAK3's Tacoma Gallery
i just give cock meat sandwiches you know.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #46
Reaper
09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough09 Redneck is a jewel in the rough
09 Redneck's Tacoma Gallery
I work on all types of C130'S
Old 09-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #47
Husker_in_KC has a spectacular aura aboutHusker_in_KC has a spectacular aura about
Husker_in_KC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathybot View Post
I work on the C-5, big mofo.

I remember my one and only time on a C5 walk past the helicopters WTF??? and take the stairs up to the seating. One hell of a lot more space then the 141's and C130's. I only rode them on the way in and out of Antarctica.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #49
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
They still have chase vehicles hooking up the landing gear on those?
Yeah, still have the chase cars and the vehicles with the guys that take care of the landing gear. I went for a ride along in the chase cars, now that was fun. Nothing like doing around 90 mph 10-15 feet behind a moving aircraft.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:35 PM   #50
Husker_in_KC has a spectacular aura aboutHusker_in_KC has a spectacular aura about
Husker_in_KC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
WTF were you doing in Antartica?
Well the first time was for hot water drilling at south pole, some beakers (aka scientists) want to put some Instruments to track Neutrino particles, second time was to babysit 12 different projects for NSF at south pole, then I signed up to take a ice core at a remote field camp and then went did some more hot water drilling.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #51
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
i am a flight engineer so i fly around in and work on these bad boys. Its the best of both worlds.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #52
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
P-3 on the bottom?
Yeah they both are P3's
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM   #53

Air Force:
Ok I just saw a reply about the chase car guys but now it's gone, I know I'm not crazy.

Anyway, the guys in the actual chase cars are pilots who are talking down the guy that's flying/landing. Maintenance is out there with their own trucks and once the plane stops they hop and and do their landing gear thing.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #54

Navy:
yup they sure did. than they took them all out of there when the reserve squadrons shut down.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #56
Jim&Tammy will become famous soon enoughJim&Tammy will become famous soon enough

Army:
Name: Jim
Jim&Tammy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
It takes brains do that too...tactics, leading, call for fire (CAS, close-air-support) and making split second decesions. Plus it's more in your face reality.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #57
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
I worked on the infamous B-52 down at barkatraz, and now am a radio maintainer for a TACP unit. Both awesome jobs, though at times I miss the flightline part of it all. But now i get the pleasure of watching these birds drop bombs on the bad guys. So it evens out i think.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #58
Desert Riding Ninja
A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedA.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Graphics Artist
A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
I worked on the infamous B-52 down at barkatraz, and now am a radio maintainer for a TACP unit. Both awesome jobs, though at times I miss the flightline part of it all. But now i get the pleasure of watching these birds drop bombs on the bad guys. So it evens out i think.
What Squadron did you work out of at Barksdale?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #60
Speak English..it's America
testedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of lighttestedone is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11B
Name: Rick
testedone's Tacoma Gallery
Way cool!!!

I got a ride when i was leaving country in Bagram from the guys who run the trainer there for this platform and they let me and another couple 11B's fly the sim, what a friggin cool experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrmathis View Post
AH-64D Longbow Apache