LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Combat Deployments in your resume??

Old 09-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Corporal MACS-2
Name: Ben
bwood_usmc's Tacoma Gallery
Combat Deployments in your resume??

Calling all fellow service members!! Need your help real quick. Im revising my resume as we speak and i am curious if i should include my combat deployment or not?? Would you include it or not?? Maybe a stupid question but hell i dont know.....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....
bwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbwood_usmc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
Hell ya why not. It something of merit and something to be proud of. It also shows that you can deal with stress and constant chaos. Good luck.
Thats what i was thinkin but the resume i did in TAPS has nothing about my deployments on there.... i would think they would have told us to include them then since they know what the hell they are doing....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsikotic View Post
You could always give them a call and get their advice. Im sure they have a bit more insight on the job market than I do.
Very true.... i just might do that tom...
Old 09-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #6
GRASSHPERSTACO is on a distinguished road
Army: SGT 2/1 ADA
GRASSHPERSTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I put my deployments on my resume separatly. It worked pretty well.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #7
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
I was not in the service but as an interviewer, I absolutely would appreciate it on a resume. I think it says a lot about a person.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
Wiskey Tango Foxtrot....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutherk1 View Post
I was not in the service but as an interviewer, I absolutely would appreciate it on a resume. I think it says a lot about a person.

See i was looking for someone like yourself to chime in also. Thanks for the advice
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #9
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
I would only put it in if your going to list it in your job history section where you will actually talk about your job title, duties and responsibilities.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #10
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlancoTaco08 View Post
I would only put it in if your going to list it in your job history section where you will actually talk about your job title, duties and responsibilities.

+1. Work it into your resume correctly.