Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

What to expect from recruiter

Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #1
zzdrewman is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
zzdrewman's Tacoma Gallery
What to expect from recruiter

So, I've searched this, but never got exactly what I wanted.

I am going to visit with the Air Force recruiter tomorrow and I want to know if there is anything that I should listen for, or certain things I should say or ask. Yes, I'll admit it, I'm super nervous. This post may be just a useless, nervous ramble. I just want an opinion from those who are AF.

I am graduating from college in May and would like to get involved with the ROTC here and get a taste. I really feel that this is what I need to do.

I talked to some recruiters back in high school, but never went through with it. I never stopped thinking about it though. It's always on the brain. I'm not sure what I want to do, but I want to serve and become the person that I've always wanted to be. If a masters degree also comes out of that, well, I'll take it.

Thanks guys/gals
Old 09-24-2009, 01:13 AM   #3
zzdrewman is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
zzdrewman's Tacoma Gallery
I would

I would, but our ROTC is sucha weird program. There is no office on campus and we have to do some strange things to even be involved. I just want to get involved and get it going.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
mpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud ofmpgnc64 has much to be proud of

Air Force: Heavy Repair CE
Name: Mike and Denise
mpgnc64's Tacoma Gallery
Skip the enlisted accesions recruiter and see a Officer recruiter. They recruit college grads all the time. It will depend on what your major is and what you want to do. IF YOU HAVE A 4 YEAR DEGREE DONT GO ENLISTED. Every recruiting sqaudron has a college recruiter, ask the enlisted recruiter who it is and call them. PM me if you want I may be able to help direct you in the direction you want to go.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgnc64 View Post
Skip the enlisted accesions recruiter and see a Officer recruiter.
x2

If your degree allows you to go Officer then there's no reason to go the enlisted route. You've earned the degree you might as well make use of it...and Officer pay is better. If for whatever reason you can't go Officer, at least make sure you get your 2 stripes out of all college credit you have.