Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Phony Marine due for arrest

Old 10-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #22
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
Did anyone look into his "mental illness"? I only saw one thing in the article about it.. He may need treatment..
He needs treatment alright! - I hear you.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:15 PM   #23
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Talk about an Epic Fail!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #24
stevenb5214 will become famous soon enough

Army: spc a co 40th signal battalion
Name: steven
stevenb5214's Tacoma Gallery
that douch man that buggs me the worst first off most of the guys who have served dont look for anything or any recognition they just do it me personaly going overseas is a job and when some douch makes hijm self look like an ass trying to be like us lmao just another pathetic wanna b i say let him rot in jail then have a few guys whoop his ass a few times and make him fear doing it agian
Old 10-23-2009, 07:33 AM   #25
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenb5214 View Post
that douch man that buggs me the worst first off most of the guys who have served dont look for anything or any recognition they just do it me personaly going overseas is a job and when some douch makes hijm self look like an ass trying to be like us lmao just another pathetic wanna b i say let him rot in jail then have a few guys whoop his ass a few times and make him fear doing it agian

Oh when he gets to the Brig... He'll get it I'm sure. I'm sure there are a few REAL war vets in the brig.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #26
stevenb5214 will become famous soon enough

Army: spc a co 40th signal battalion
Name: steven
stevenb5214's Tacoma Gallery
i hope so if i was around working in the brig id beat his ass for sure damn posers cant even just join like the rest of use pathetic
Old 12-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #27
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
What a jackass. I remember many years ago in college, pre 9-11, a fellow former Marine classmate of mine and I ran into this effing jackhole wearing dress blue trousers with the blood stripe. Well lets just say that guy was lucky we didn't beat the shit out of him. To Marines it means something and is earned on the journey in the Corps. This fuckstick decided he was gonna buy some at a surplus store and wear them around. Bad Idea. Never saw those trousers on campus again unless it was by some recruiter.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:31 AM   #28
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
You guys remember this muppet?
Old 12-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #29
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
And this one, sometimes he is enlisted and sometimes he is an officer. Wonder if he got the different blood stripe on the trousers too. I don't get it, how can you sit there and not feel like a super turd when putting a uniform like that together. CHEESEDICK!
Old 12-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #30
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly can say I support the death penalty...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 PM   #31
Motivator
YayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYayAreaTaco0311 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Police Caller
YayAreaTaco0311's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
And this one, sometimes he is enlisted and sometimes he is an officer. Wonder if he got the different blood stripe on the trousers too. I don't get it, how can you sit there and not feel like a super turd when putting a uniform like that together. CHEESEDICK!
Too much fucking Call of Duty for this wannabe motivator!
Old 12-14-2010, 09:23 PM   #32
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlvhrse View Post
Did anyone look into his "mental illness"? I only saw one thing in the article about it.. He may need treatment..
Treatment or "The Treatment"?
Old 12-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #33
♥ Emergency Medicine
m0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedm0nster986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: B.S, NREMT
m0nster986's Tacoma Gallery
Why would people waste their time doing this? I mean you do get discounts here and there but...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #34
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/u-s-mil...-must-see.html
Old 12-14-2010, 09:39 PM   #35
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #36
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
Phony Marine due for arrest
Coloradan who posed as wounded Iraq veteran being prosecuted under Stolen Valor Act

I guess I should stop telling my Vietnamese GF the stories of "When I was in Nam.."

Rick Glen Strandlof, using the alias Rick Duncan, campaigned for several political candidates. (Denver Post file photo)

Rick Glen Strandlof, a former mental patient who posed as a wounded Marine captain to found a statewide veterans group and campaign for political candidates, is being prosecuted under the Stolen Valor Act for making claims he received a Purple Heart.

A federal arrest warrant was issued Thursday evening for Strandlof, who used the alias Rick Duncan when he was acting as a spokesman for veterans issues.

Strandlof will be charged with one count of making false claims about receipt of military decorations or medals, a misdemeanor punishable by a year in jail and a $250,000 fine.

Strandlof, 32, had not been arrested as of Friday evening.

Jeffrey Dorschner, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Colorado, would not say whether authorities know his whereabouts. Dorschner said only that Strandlof will be brought to Denver to appear before a federal magistrate after he is arrested.

Strandlof is the first person to be charged in Colorado under the Stolen Valor Act. The act, passed in 2006, made it possible to prosecute military fakers who make only verbal claims about earning military medals. Prior to the act, phony veterans had to be caught wearing the medals to be prosecuted.

"A lot of people wonder about the seriousness of this," said Pam Sterner, the Pueblo woman who wrote the Stolen Valor Act for a political science class. "What they don't understand is that to misrepresent yourself as someone who has earned a Purple Heart and to claim you are in the same league as someone who has sacrificed their life or lost a limb or something, that is uncalled for."

Suspicions aroused

Strandlof was exposed in May after members of the group he founded, the Colorado Veterans Alliance, became suspicious of claims that he had served three tours in Iraq, survived the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the Pentagon, graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy and suffered a brain injury during the battle for the city of

Rick Glen Strandlof founded a veterans group in Colorado.

Fallujah.

They searched military records and contacted the Federal Bureau of Investigation after determining he had never served in the military. The FBI began investigating Strandlof and arrested him in May on an outstanding El Paso County traffic warrant.

In interviews with the FBI and local and national media outlets, Strandlof admitted making up the stories. He said he suffered from mental illness. He had previously been hospitalized in a mental institution in Nevada.

People "deeply hurt"

"I think he probably is a real con artist. It's tragic. His ideas were to do good and help the vets, but people were deeply hurt by what he did," said his grandfather Richard Strandlof, a veteran who lives in Montana and said he hasn't seen his grandson in 15 years.

The investigation of the phony veteran took five months because the FBI also was investigating whether Strandlof used any of the money he collected on behalf of the Colorado Veterans Alliance for personal gain. Dorschner would not comment on what the FBI found. But there are no charges relating to the fundraising.

The Stolen Valor case against Strandlof was helped by the Internet. Portions of speeches he gave as Rick Duncan are posted on YouTube videos. In one, he claims he was wounded and lost four Marines under his command. He also claimed to have a metal plate in his head from that injury and to suffer from post traumatic stress disorder.

The affidavit noted that a month before his arrest, Strandlof had agreed to appear at a veterans event wearing his medals, but he showed up without them.

When asked why, he said he did not wear them because "it would appear egotistical."

Nancy Lofholm: 970-256-1957 or nlofholm@denverpost.com
What a POS. These guys keep popping up from time to time and I don't think any of them have ever been successfully prosecuted under the stolen valor act. For all of us who have served our time in a war zone, we know there is a special place in hell for guys like this
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 PM   #37
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Geez... sometimes I give people like my sister a hard time about wearing a Marines shirt or hoodie when they didn't earn it. to see dirtbags like this walking around with medals or even say they have medals they have absolutely no right to wear is incomprehensible and they deserve a serious beat down along with some jail time.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCGirl View Post
Geez... sometimes I give people like my sister a hard time about wearing a Marines shirt or hoodie when they didn't earn it...
That doesn't bother me in particular as many people wear em' to show support for their loved ones who serve. But when you put on a uniform with an insignia of rank or an award then you officially suck. A lot of folks broke their ass for the rights to wear it and sadly many of them are lost to us forever because of that selfless effort, don't kick over their tombstones with your disrespect and do discredit to that same uniform.

Friend of mine seems to wade in phonies all the time. Ranger tabbed and did a turn with the 3id in the Old Guard. Knows uniform regs by memory and can regurgitate them at any time to this day. He's the on-site security manager for a jiggle joint corporation. Has no qualms about busting them out either. Has a cardboard box full of crap he has taken off of these jaggoffs he runs into. Sadly, this kooky phenomenon will not go away anytime soon. We still hear about Vietnam war phonies on a semi-regular basis around here.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 AM   #39
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
Check this out:

This guy: LINK

Get's new VA Benefits while still in Jail. A 40% disability rating after being convicted of stealing VA disability benefits. Talking about Bizzaro World. LINK
Old 12-15-2010, 05:58 AM   #40
bailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shedbailerc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ex-navy, IT Contractor
Name: Cody
bailerc's Tacoma Gallery
reminds me of a time i was written up by my division officer for wearing army medals... he went through the paperwork and everything to send me to mast gave it to my cheif, and my cheif infromed him that i had spent a year in afghanistan under an army command and they were in my service record ... it also brings back memories about how much i didn't like that guy

but yea , this guy should get whats coming to him