Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

Phony Marine due for arrest

Old 12-15-2010, 06:30 AM   #41
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
5-10 years in a Marine Corp Brig would be just the sentence he should get. He will learn all about self discipline quickly.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:23 AM   #42
krudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura aboutkrudawg has a spectacular aura about
Marines: 9th Marines
Name: Ted
krudawg's Tacoma Gallery
USMC

The hardest thing I ever did was make it through Marine Basic Training. I was right out of high school the war in Vietnam was showing no signs of cooling off. When I finally put that Marine Uniform on, I understood why it is such a tight fraternaty of men and BAM's (Beautiful American Marines
I was Honorably discharged shortly after rotating back to the states from Vietnam. Over the years, I have had to indure the usual jokes about Marines but I simply smiled and thought to myself "they only wish they had the guts to join the Marines"
I salute my fellow "Jarheads" and it is an honor to be part of this small group of warriors. Semper Fi
Old 12-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #43
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post
5-10 years in a Marine Corp Brig would be just the sentence he should get. He will learn all about self discipline quickly.

Like hell.... we the Corps have a thing where you really pay for your crime. Thankfully I don't know what it is called - but I do know what they do! They get up in the morning and make big rocks into little rocks until the sun goes back down. I sat above the hooches when I was in Infantry Training at Camp Pen back in '02. I sat up there on the hill and ate my lunch watching those guys work their asses off.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #44
DCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCGirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
DCGirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse1 View Post
That doesn't bother me in particular as many people wear em' to show support for their loved ones who serve. But when you put on a uniform with an insignia of rank or an award then you officially suck. A lot of folks broke their ass for the rights to wear it and sadly many of them are lost to us forever because of that selfless effort, don't kick over their tombstones with your disrespect and do discredit to that same uniform.

Friend of mine seems to wade in phonies all the time. Ranger tabbed and did a turn with the 3id in the Old Guard. Knows uniform regs by memory and can regurgitate them at any time to this day. He's the on-site security manager for a jiggle joint corporation. Has no qualms about busting them out either. Has a cardboard box full of crap he has taken off of these jaggoffs he runs into. Sadly, this kooky phenomenon will not go away anytime soon. We still hear about Vietnam war phonies on a semi-regular basis around here.
I usually meant more in a joking way, I should of mentioned. But it's sad to hear that this seems to be a regular occurrence with wearing a uniform/awards you didn't earn...
Old 12-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #45
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
And this one, sometimes he is enlisted and sometimes he is an officer. Wonder if he got the different blood stripe on the trousers too. I don't get it, how can you sit there and not feel like a super turd when putting a uniform like that together. CHEESEDICK!
I work for a Gunny that ran into a douche like that at the Portland airport. He said the guy had a SSGT uniform on with no blood stripe, instead of his normal dress shoes he was wearing sketchers and his ribbons were all out of order. I think about a year ago there was a great article in the Marine Times about piss offs like this guy and many many more. I'd just punch them in the face if i saw them.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #46
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
I work for a Gunny that ran into a douche like that at the Portland airport...
I'd have to say that your Gunny might want to wash his hands again for GP.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...imposter_a.php
Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #47
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2...imposter_a.php

Holy shit, that's just wrong!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #48
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonleblond View Post
Ghay
Old 12-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #49
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
ACK!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #50
Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police
cakmakli's Tacoma Gallery
I could have done just fine without seeing that.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:46 AM   #51
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Might be a douche bag sure or maybe just sick, crazy, who knows. But stalin doesn't live here.

I never got that. Kevin Costner does it in a movie, its fine. Some crazy person does it.
People literally want to kill him? He's just some crazy douche. Not like he was raping kids.

I better not let my kids wear my old uniforms next holloween.
They might be "stealing valor." No, seems un-American to not allow people to be idiots.

Starting to understand why foreigners sometimes think we're crazy for declaring this land of the free stuff all the time.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:45 AM   #52
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
Might be a douche bag sure or maybe just sick, crazy, who knows. But stalin doesn't live here.

I never got that. Kevin Costner does it in a movie, its fine. Some crazy person does it.
People literally want to kill him? He's just some crazy douche. Not like he was raping kids.

They might be "stealing valor." No, seems un-American to not allow people to be idiots.

Starting to understand why foreigners sometimes think we're crazy for declaring this land of the free stuff all the time.
SIGNIFICANT difference between wearing the uniform like any actor/tress might (to entertain) or you kids might (for entertainment) and the way people prosecuted under Stolen Valor wear it (for stature or tangible benefits).

If your kids wear some fatigue pants or a flight suit or whatever...They are being kids. If some schmuck who hasn't ever served or worse- Got kicked out during training or after a short career- Brings all their gear home and wears it around for the look in peoples eyes or to get a free meal here or there- That is fraud.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 AM   #53
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you to all the real Marines and a gigantic FUCK YOU POSER DOUCHEBAG to all the fraud ones. All real ones should hunt these posers down and teach them why NOT to pose as real ones. I won't tell. Then they could be dropped off at jail for their prostate abuse semenars.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #54
cakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shedcakmakli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I really don't understand why it wouldn't bother you if you have served and I assume you did because you referenced your "old uniforms".

These guys are such losers in their own lives that they have to live through someone else's, men and women who have earned the right to wear that uniform and those medals. Men and women who sacrificed and did what it took to earn the right to wear that uniform or that Special Forces Tab, Silver Star, DSC, etc. What right does these people have to wear a Purple Heart when you have Service menbers who would gladly give up their right to wear that medal if they could just have an eye, arm, or leg back.

How can you defend this scum wearing something that...

these guys earned

Also, it's not just them wearing the uniform, it's the fact that in most of the cases they are doing it for financial gain or to try and impress that girl (which I don't understand because it never worked for me ) And when they wear that uniform, they are representing the Military to the people that see them.

When these guy are out in public and act like ass clowns, it bring discredit upon all of us because civilians can't tell the difference. An example is Jesse Macbeth

To compare what these guys are doing to someone making a movie or some kid dressed up for Halloween is stupid.

And the reason Stalin doesn't live here isn't because of the punks that like to play dress up, it because of people that stepped up and served when their country needed them.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:24 AM   #55
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
IMO, if people wanna pose as something they are NOT, we have the internet for that lame shit. Real life is called real for a million reasons.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #56
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli View Post

How can you defend this scum wearing something that...

Yes, I have quite a few years of military employment behind me, I still work for the DOD.

Same way I would defend flag burners or the right to assemble, or keep and bear arms.

I mean... he's not doing it as a political statement, he's not doing it to intentionally disparage anything. I'm not saying he's not a fraud, and there may be some penalty for that. But he perpetrated fraud on people if he was being paid to speak. He should be prosecuted civilly for fraud against those he defrauded. He didn't commit fraud against you or me.

extra laws, not for em. I know most of you love big government and lots of laws.
I like my liberty and in return don't expect the liberty of others, as stupid as I might find it, not to be impinged.

I won't go far as "live and let live", but fraud, not "stolen valor". That's idiotic. literally sounds like something some cuban law. "how dare you say you fought along with Ché" type thing.

I'm also a bit of a "pick your battles" type guy. I could give a crap about that guy, when my roads are falling apart and my kid's school is going to crap. Etc. Not the place to get into government policy.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #57
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Yes, I have quite a few years of military employment behind me, I still work for the DOD.

Same way I would defend flag burners or the right to assemble, or keep and bear arms.

I mean... he's not doing it as a political statement, he's not doing it to intentionally disparage anything. I'm not saying he's not a fraud, and there may be some penalty for that. But he perpetrated fraud on people if he was being paid to speak. He should be prosecuted civilly for fraud against those he defrauded. He didn't commit fraud against you or me.

extra laws, not for em. I know most of you love big government and lots of laws.
I like my liberty and in return don't expect the liberty of others, as stupid as I might find it, not to be impinged.

I won't go far as "live and let live", but fraud, not "stolen valor". That's idiotic. literally sounds like something some cuban law. "how dare you say you fought along with Ché" type thing.

I'm also a bit of a "pick your battles" type guy. I could give a crap about that guy, when my roads are falling apart and my kid's school is going to crap. Etc. Not the place to get into government policy.
Fraud is a criminal act even without the Stolen Valor Act. Your analogy to flag burners and/or bearing arms is a little skewed-Those activities have not been decided to be illegal...Fraud is...Even more so with the SVA.

You can blame your state for your roads and the crappy schoolsin most cases. On the other hand-The Federal Gov't created, maintains, and operates the military. There isn't a better organization to make/enforce laws about it. Does it need a whole act all of it's own...probably not. But the SVAmakes it pretty clear what these idiots do isn't acceptable.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #58
Molon Labe
CoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoalMedic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: now Paramedic/Firefighter
CoalMedic's Tacoma Gallery
I agree with Brunes, and see what island808 is saying as well.
That being said, I support people's right to burn the flag, just as I support my right to bust them in the face for disrespecting the very flag I and many others here have bled for.
At the very least, this guy has committed fraud, and probably more. He should be tried for that. It was handy they had another outstanding warrant to get him on initially. Makes it a lot easier to charge him with something else.
The Stolen Valor Act is a joke. I don't know of any successful prosecutions under JUST that act without another criminal charge being tossed in on top.

Personally, I think the FBI should hand him over to the true vets of the generation he has besmirched and let nature take its course. Insta-justice. I realize this is not going to happen, but it's nice to dream, right?
Old 02-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #59

Quote:

I hear what you are saying and while he didn't commit fraud against me per say, he did offend my sense of what it right and what is wrong. Regardless if it's against the law to wear that Purple Heart or not, if he's wearing it around me and didn't earn it, it's coming off one way or another. He can take it off, or I'm taking it off.. and that's a fact.

Like you said, you have to pick your battles and that would be mine.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #60
Psalm 109:8
BryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryWi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BryWi's Tacoma Gallery
The most vile type of poseur...