Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

odd request for anyone in the Armed Forces

Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #1
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
odd request for anyone in the Armed Forces

Can anyone snag me about a half dozen of these tags?

or remove before use

Either one, I dont care. Ill gladly throw ya some cash for your time/shipping
Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
Motoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMotoxerc0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
Motoxerc0's Tacoma Gallery
Look at fmf exhaust plugs or other like exhaust plugs for motocross bike and quads. Both of mine have that same tag in orange that say remove before flight.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
What exactly are REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tags for?

Answer:
On a plane they often have protective devices that use while the planes are parked (like wheel chocks, air speed pitot cover, etc.). But those devices are suppose to be REMOVED BEFORE FLIGHT for safety. So to remind and make them visible, they attach bright red ribbon with the words REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT.

http://clearwaterhosting.com/design/wp-c…
http://www.stroudsafety.com/Images/Chute…

Somewhere along the line the people who work around planes made them into key chains as sort of inside joke.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
hahaha

nice find janster
Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
What exactly are REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tags for?

Answer:
On a plane they often have protective devices that use while the planes are parked (like wheel chocks, air speed pitot cover, etc.). But those devices are suppose to be REMOVED BEFORE FLIGHT for safety. So to remind and make them visible, they attach bright red ribbon with the words REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT.

http://clearwaterhosting.com/design/wp-c…
http://www.stroudsafety.com/Images/Chute…

Somewhere along the line the people who work around planes made them into key chains as sort of inside joke.

my buddy did that while in Iraq..everything he had keys for, had a remove before flight tag on it. I was just wondering if I could get them for free, instead of paying $5-6 per tag which is why I offered up cash for them, plus shipping which would have to be cheaper
Old 10-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
yea im pretty sur if i "found" some of those some of the A/C MX guys are gonna wonder where the fuck they went
Old 10-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #8

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
yea im pretty sur if i "found" some of those some of the A/C MX guys are gonna wonder where the fuck they went

no worries, i'm not trying to get anyone in trouble..just didnt know if anyone had like a box of them laying around
Old 10-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #9
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
what are you going to use them for? just curious..
Old 10-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #10

Firefighter:
if anyone knows what it is, ill be impressed.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #11

Firefighter:
negative
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 PM   #12

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post

actually, not even close
Old 10-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #13

Firefighter:
damn did you google it?

Yea, when working on a shitty car whos strong arms are shot, I usually use a pair of vice grips, but then forget to take them back off when i'm done. Matco came in today, so I bought one of these, but it comes with a cheesy neon green tag which probably wont last getting wet too many times, which is why I was looking at the cloth tags(which i ordered on ebay a few mins ago..10 for $15) with free shipping
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #14

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
LOL, seen em once or twice......Kinda rare, most ppl use sticks..even shops have a tendancy to use those extendable poles.....I had a hood come down and crush my right hand....it was an old cougar x7 or whatever they were called. Hood latched twice, u know the first click, then the last and tightest click? My hand was on the front fender with fingers hanging over into the engine bay. All the room I had left was between where the fender and the hood meet, what maybe 1/4 inch?

Took 5 people to find the release, it was in a strange place. I dont remember where cuz after I got my hand free I had to go to the ER and it was safer than me putting my boot in the car anymore than I already had while on the ground.

see..the shop I work for is cheap as shit..they bought one, and now it works when it wants to..F it, for $15 I bought it and have peace of mind now I've been caught under a hood once, and thats all I need to learn my lesson.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #15
Proz is on a distinguished road

Army:
Proz's Tacoma Gallery
I did the whole "remove before flight" keychain thing....the deal is the lettering will come off in no time at all since its printed on the red background. Just so you are aware of that...
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #16

Firefighter:
thats ok..as long as the red tag stays red, ill remember it
Old 10-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #17
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
many private airports carry those. If you have one nearby you might be able to pick some up there?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #18

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
many private airports carry those. If you have one nearby you might be able to pick some up there?
I do have a small one, but not sure where i'd go to even ask..Like I said, I ordered them already anyways