LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Military

Notices

military moving

Old 10-09-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Menametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud ofMenametony has much to be proud of

Navy: ET1(SW/AW), Recruiter @ NRS TriBeCa (NYC)
Menametony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Menametony
military moving

im about to have the military move me from one coast to the other.. any tips on what to look for when they move my stuff..? ill be here when the movers pack my stuff so ill be able to see everything... but i have a question.. i know they will move my motorcycle..... i know i have to drain the gas tank... i also have to drain the oil... but how much oil do i drain? or should i just leave it in there and hope they dont notice?
Old 10-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Walk thru your place with a video camera and make sure you note the condition of everything.
Watch them carefully as they pack/load and document their stuff. They will try to document little tiny defects as HUGE wear and tear. Take your time unloading at the other end.

As far as the bike...Leave the fluids in it if you want to...but if anyone notices or it gets damaged and leaks you can be in for a shit TON of trouble/fees.

I'd leave a bit of oil in there and take all the gas out.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
For air Transport it has be less than 1/4 tank of gas as far as oil i dont know.. but i would assume about the same.. I wouldnt Purge the oil.. but draining it shouldnt hurt aslong as you remember to put oil back in it.. you should be good with 1/8 to 1/4 tank of gas though
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
I think it depends a bit on the movers too. When I PCS'd, I had to drain the oil and gas from my lawn mower. They wanted it open/aired out for 2 days too.. which they neglected to tell me. The foreman was former USAF and let it slide, but if they tell you to do it, I'd say listen.