1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

military moving

Discussion in 'Military' started by Menametony, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Oct 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    im about to have the military move me from one coast to the other.. any tips on what to look for when they move my stuff..? ill be here when the movers pack my stuff so ill be able to see everything... but i have a question.. i know they will move my motorcycle..... i know i have to drain the gas tank... i also have to drain the oil... but how much oil do i drain? or should i just leave it in there and hope they dont notice?

2. Oct 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Walk thru your place with a video camera and make sure you note the condition of everything.
    Watch them carefully as they pack/load and document their stuff. They will try to document little tiny defects as HUGE wear and tear. Take your time unloading at the other end.

As far as the bike...Leave the fluids in it if you want to...but if anyone notices or it gets damaged and leaks you can be in for a shit TON of trouble/fees.

I'd leave a bit of oil in there and take all the gas out.

3. Oct 9, 2009 at 6:12 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    For air Transport it has be less than 1/4 tank of gas as far as oil i dont know.. but i would assume about the same.. I wouldnt Purge the oil.. but draining it shouldnt hurt aslong as you remember to put oil back in it.. you should be good with 1/8 to 1/4 tank of gas though

4. Oct 9, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I think it depends a bit on the movers too. When I PCS'd, I had to drain the oil and gas from my lawn mower. They wanted it open/aired out for 2 days too.. which they neglected to tell me. The foreman was former USAF and let it slide, but if they tell you to do it, I'd say listen.

Products Discussed in

To Top